Established Contributor
shaun2009

Walmart MasterCard

Well as well all know we should take what CSR's say with a fine tooth comb but i just thought i'd share my experience... I called Walmart Discover customer service to inquire about if we were going to get a new reward structure like the Sam's Club during the conversion to Mastercard and the representative replied that we will have the same benefits and rewards we have now..i sure hope shes just uninformed...

Current Credit Cards
| PayPal MC: $10K | WalMart MC: $7.5K | Discover IT: $6.5K | USB Platinum: $5K | Sams MC: $5K |
| CapitalOne QS: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | USB Select: $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 10/3/2014
Established Contributor
MoreRewards

Re: Walmart MasterCard

Um hold up. Walmart is offering MC or will all existing cards be switched to MC?
Established Contributor
shaun2009

[ Edited ]

Its new its gonna be changing to Mastercard Network all Discovers will be transitioned to Mastercard http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-04/wal-mart-picks-mastercard-for-processing.html

and in comparison to the other thread created for Sams Club mastercards which are gonna become 5% gas, 3% restaurant and travel and 1% everything else i was inquiring if Walmart cards will get the same reward structure during the switch to MC.

Current Credit Cards
| PayPal MC: $10K | WalMart MC: $7.5K | Discover IT: $6.5K | USB Platinum: $5K | Sams MC: $5K |
| CapitalOne QS: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | USB Select: $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
Established Contributor
MoreRewards

Ok I haven't received any notification from them so thanks for the info.
Do you know if the account opening well still be from the original DS date or will it be from the conversion date?
Established Contributor
shaun2009

I have no clue honestly its a very new article so most are still finding out i hope they give us more information soon but all of this according to the article should be completed throughout the year and Discovers will be phased out.
Current Credit Cards

Goal Credit Cards
Super Contributor
Ron1

MoreRewards wrote:
Do you know if the account opening well still be from the original DS date or will it be from the conversion date?

It might come with your April statement loke Sams Club Discover.

Ron.

Established Contributor
shaun2009

Ron1 wrote:

MoreRewards wrote:

It might come with your April statement loke Sams Club Discover.

Ron.

I dont think Walmart people will hear about it that soon ... They are handling Sam's Club Discover by June and Walmart near end of Summer so i assume you guys heard first because you are converting before us... But it would be great to hear about it on Aprils Statement crosses fingers....

Current Credit Cards

Goal Credit Cards
Established Contributor
fot1

I feel yet another hit to my AAoA coming..:smileysad:

Tu- 799... What I wouldn't give for one more point..
Equifax-774
Experian-737
Senior Contributor
B335is

I dont see where the expectation of Walmart following Sams MC reward structure is coming from? You also dont pay for a Walmart membership and as a paying Sams club member and card holder of both cards , am glad to see them improving this card so i actually use it. Sams Discover in its present form is no competition to Costco TE. It will be interesting to see if any changes come down from Amex TE.
Established Contributor
shaun2009

B335is wrote:
I dont see where the expectation of Walmart following Sams MC reward structure is coming from? You also dont pay for a Walmart membership and as a paying Sams club member and card holder of both cards , am glad to see them improving this card so i actually use it. Sams Discover in its present form is no competition to Costco TE. It will be interesting to see if any changes come down from Amex TE.

Well because currently they both of the same structure of earning rewards so why make one different now and plus ... you figure most people with Walmart Discover honestly only use it at Walmart why because the rewards are mediocre... So why improve one and leave the other same... Just my opinion ... Not to mention it seems those two tie into each other because you can use Walmart Card (store) at Sams and vice versa so i think Walmart deserves a revamp as well... 

Current Credit Cards

Goal Credit Cards

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}