Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MasterCard

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart MasterCard

@coldnmn wrote:

It's possible it could have rewards like Walmart Rewards Mastercard Canada.

1.25% in walmart and 1% wherever Mastercard is accepted.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/financial-services/walmart-rewards-mastercard

If I read this correctly, the rewards earned on this Canadian version can only be used in Walmart? That would suck. I want cashback or a check I can use however I want. I personally stopped shopping at wal-mart a good while ago just because the service and shopping experience was always horrible.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 21 of 42
john398
Senior Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

If I read this correctly, the rewards earned on this Canadian version can only be used in Walmart? That would suck. I want cashback or a check I can use however I want. I personally stopped shopping at wal-mart a good while ago just because the service and shopping experience was always horrible.

Than that card is not for you, if you do not shop at WM why would you want a Walmart MC even if you can use it anywhere, primary I would think it would offer the most benifits including 0% offers at Wal-Mart

Message 22 of 42
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@chan85 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Theirs seems a bit lackluster.  And unfornately, Canada doesn't have Sam's Club, so we can't compare that, either.

It'd be nice if Wally's rewards match Sam's, like they currently do, but it would also give a good reason to join Sam's Club if they didn't match up.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 23 of 42
john398
Senior Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

No disrespect Chan85, I guess maybe that card and rewards are not for you since you do not shop at Wal-Mart and also 0% financing would not be a bennifit either

Message 24 of 42
chan85
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Than that card is not for you, if you do not shop at WM why would you want a Walmart MC even if you can use it anywhere, primary I would think it would offer the most benifits including 0% offers at Wal-Mart

I currently have the discover WM card. When I got the store card I was still shopping there. But after several incidents at my local stores as well as a few messed up online orders, I said it wasn't worth the hassle. I shop at Target, Publix, Trader Joes, and Aldi and I get a little thrill when using the WM card at Target lol. On rare occasions I might order something online and I try my hardest to get it shipped to my house as cheaply as possible just to avoid going in. But I have a 6k credit line and I earned a good amount of rewards last year on the card. Granted i have several rewards cards to choose from, but I select them based on the chances I'll use the rewards. I can always use cash! If the rewards structure is something like this, I'll probably go ahead and get the Target RedCard, though my preference is to have cards that can be used anywhere, not just 1 store.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 25 of 42
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I hope we know the details before the AAoA hit is made. I know if it's not the same as the Discover, I don't want to take the hit and simply will close down the Wal-Mart discover card. I wish that I had never "upgraded" to it. The only way that I won't regret it is if it's the same rewards structure as the Sam's MC, because I never "upgraded" that one.
Message 26 of 42
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
I hope we know the details before the AAoA hit is made. I know if it's not the same as the Discover, I don't want to take the hit and simply will close down the Wal-Mart discover card. I wish that I had never "upgraded" to it. The only way that I won't regret it is if it's the same rewards structure as the Sam's MC, because I never "upgraded" that one.

Going to play wait and see game,I kind of felt that it wasnt going to match Sam's club since Sam's club required membeeship to join .

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 27 of 42
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Going to play wait and see game,I kind of felt that it wasnt going to match Sam's club since Sam's club required membeeship to join .

Being that they were the same structure to begin with, it makes it hard for me to believe that school of thought. I can understand why people would say it, but hopefully that will not be the case.

Message 28 of 42
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

I feel yet another hit to my AAoA coming..Smiley Sad

+1000 I know!!! I'm trying to hold out but for a TU pull I'll chance it.

Message 29 of 42
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I keep looking at the Walmart site, waiting for our conversion notices, but the Sams Discover is going first.

I'm torn between trying to upgrade into the Sams Discover now (knowing it will convert) for the $25 bonus, or just waiting until June 22nd, when I presume the website will flip over to offering new applicants the revised Discover.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.