Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MasterCard

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Walmart MasterCard

Well as well all know we should take what CSR's say with a fine tooth comb but i just thought i'd share my experience... I called Walmart Discover customer service to inquire about if we were going to get a new reward structure like the Sam's Club during the conversion to Mastercard and the representative replied that we will have the same benefits and rewards we have now..i sure hope shes just uninformed...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart MasterCard

Um hold up. Walmart is offering MC or will all existing cards be switched to MC?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 2 of 42
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Its new its gonna be changing to Mastercard Network all Discovers will be transitioned to Mastercard http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-04/wal-mart-picks-mastercard-for-processing.html

and in comparison to the other thread created for Sams Club mastercards which are gonna become 5% gas, 3% restaurant and travel and 1% everything else i was inquiring if Walmart cards will get the same reward structure during the switch to MC.

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 42
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Ok I haven't received any notification from them so thanks for the info.
Do you know if the account opening well still be from the original DS date or will it be from the conversion date?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 4 of 42
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

I have no clue honestly its a very new article so most are still finding out i hope they give us more information soon but all of this according to the article should be completed throughout the year and Discovers will be phased out.
Current Cards

Message 5 of 42
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
Do you know if the account opening well still be from the original DS date or will it be from the conversion date?

It might come with your April statement loke Sams Club Discover.

Ron.

Message 6 of 42
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:

It might come with your April statement loke Sams Club Discover.

Ron.

I dont think Walmart people will hear about it that soon ... They are handling Sam's Club Discover by June and Walmart near end of Summer so i assume you guys heard first because you are converting before us... But it would be great to hear about it on Aprils Statement crosses fingers....

Current Cards

Message 7 of 42
fot1
Established Contributor

I feel yet another hit to my AAoA coming..Smiley Sad

Too many to list..
Message 8 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I dont see where the expectation of Walmart following Sams MC reward structure is coming from? You also dont pay for a Walmart membership and as a paying Sams club member and card holder of both cards , am glad to see them improving this card so i actually use it. Sams Discover in its present form is no competition to Costco TE. It will be interesting to see if any changes come down from Amex TE.
Message 9 of 42
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I dont see where the expectation of Walmart following Sams MC reward structure is coming from? You also dont pay for a Walmart membership and as a paying Sams club member and card holder of both cards , am glad to see them improving this card so i actually use it. Sams Discover in its present form is no competition to Costco TE. It will be interesting to see if any changes come down from Amex TE.

Well because currently they both of the same structure of earning rewards so why make one different now and plus ... you figure most people with Walmart Discover honestly only use it at Walmart why because the rewards are mediocre... So why improve one and leave the other same... Just my opinion ... Not to mention it seems those two tie into each other because you can use Walmart Card (store) at Sams and vice versa so i think Walmart deserves a revamp as well... 

Current Cards

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.