Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Prequalified Offer???

tag
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Walmart Prequalified Offer???

Is this an automatic approval or just an invite to apply?  I have a prequalified acceptane number.  Will this result in an inquiry?

Thanks in advance...

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Prequalified Offer???

@eparker wrote:

Is this an automatic approval or just an invite to apply?  I have a prequalified acceptane number.  Will this result in an inquiry?

Thanks in advance...

you will have to apply and yes it will be a HP

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 7
eparker
Frequent Contributor

ok...thanks

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@eparker wrote:

Thanks in advance...

Did this happen online,Store, Mail?

The only time I have had this happen to me is for Sams... I had applied about 30-60 day prior and was declined and then in the mail and offer came for a $1500 Limit card and I believe it was "Prequalified" as you mention... I wasn't watching credit very hard back then so I can't be sure rather they pulled HP or not.

I have seen some people I know get one for Chevron also.

I know store cards like Express, VS, etc. if you have an online account and start checking out they sometimes offer pre-approval and I have not seen them ever decline or ever HP on those offers....

Message 4 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@eparker wrote:

Thanks in advance...

Did this happen online,Store, Mail?

The only time I have had this happen to me is for Sams... I had applied about 30-60 day prior and was declined and then in the mail and offer came for a $1500 Limit card and I believe it was "Prequalified" as you mention... I wasn't watching credit very hard back then so I can't be sure rather they pulled HP or not.

I have seen some people I know get one for Chevron also.

I know store cards like Express, VS, etc. if you have an online account and start checking out they sometimes offer pre-approval and I have not seen them ever decline or ever HP on those offers....

I got one for Cheveron it was a HP though

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@eparker wrote:

Thanks in advance...

Invite to apply, it will be a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@eparker wrote:

Thanks in advance...

I love GE accounts if you don't get the Discover and only get the store card go for it, you get get an offer to upgrade. I gotonly the store card at a 630 TU score.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.