Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart/Sams Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart/Sams Club

Hello! I was wondering why people that have a Walmart card already apply for Sams Club or vice versa? Arent they each eligible to be used at both stores?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart/Sams Club

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! I was wondering why people that have a Walmart card already apply for Sams Club or vice versa? Arent they each eligible to be used at both stores?

Yes they can be used interchangably. The Sams Club card is superior to the Walmart for some rewards is my understanding and that Im sure is the reason a lot app for it when they have the WM.

Message 2 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

My first card was the Walmart card it had some 0% financing and 5 cents off at the pumps and 1% rewards. The Sam's Mastercard has 5% off of gas at any gas station 3% dining & travel and 1% everywhere else. A superior product so I have both. I only get 1% in store at Sam's club so Citi DC at 2% is a better option there.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 7
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

My first card was the Walmart card it had some 0% financing and 5 cents off at the pumps and 1% rewards. The Sam's Mastercard has 5% off of gas at any gas station 3% dining & travel and 1% everywhere else. A superior product so I have both. I only get 1% in store at Sam's club so Citi DC at 2% is a better option there.

My parents have the Sams Club MC and they said that the rewards are only redeemable once per year in February...  Is that true?

Message 4 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@thomasjm99 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

My parents have the Sams Club MC and they said that the rewards are only redeemable once per year in February...  Is that true?

true, they send you a paper check in february, you can cash it at Sam's Club or apply towards your purchases.  Use a sisors to serperate the check from your card statement, torn edges jam in the register, not fun to deal with. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, yuck wasn't aware of the once check thing. I guess the more reason to heavy spend in the holidays, the wait won't feel as long, and you can reap more instant rewards in the meantime off the Freedom/SAllie/FedCU on gas if you have one of those.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

the check is a bit antiquated but if i had the MC version I would NOT be complaining.

I do know that the sams card is only good in stores at walmart, and in stores/online for sams.  You cannot shop online at walmart with sams card. Now if you had the MC version then sure you could use it anywhere MC is accepted.

You can also get free cash advances only in sams club, treated as purchases, 1 per day of 20,40,60,80, or 100$.Thats with the PLCC and 5-3-1

I know one thing... I wish I had the discover 2 percent converted to MC. I would be JUST FINE having unlmited 2 percent anywhere and redeem that at sams.... Actually if a person uses discover, its currently 1+1% at sams...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.