Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart, Sams and Lowes are all GE?

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Walmart, Sams and Lowes are all GE?

Are all these backed by GE? If so, it's funny I got approved by Walmart and Sams but not Lowes. Very low CL but approved. I'm scared to apply for anything else.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart, Sams and Lowes are all GE?

@HYPASS33 wrote:
Are all these backed by GE? If so, it's funny I got approved by Walmart and Sams but not Lowes. Very low CL but approved. I'm scared to apply for anything else.
Yep!!
And an FYI I would cool it on the GE apps they will shut down all of your accounts if you app for too many cards too quickly.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 25
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Should have did without the Sams and just did lowes.
Message 3 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Walmart store card can be used in Sams or so I've heard...same company.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 25
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Oh man! Thats true you could if just gone with Wal-Mart and Lowes since you can use Wal-Mart at Sam's. Dont apply for anymore GE accounts. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 25
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

That's not necessarily true...I apped for and was approved for at the same time:

Walmart

JC Penney

Amazon

Care Credit

Lowes

Walmart

And got a CLI on my Sam's

A year later I got TJMaxx and Old Navy

Not only do I still have them all I get regular CLIs on them.

Message 6 of 25
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

True^ My sister was able to get 4 GE acct's at the same time. After her 4th app she got her first denial and decided to stop the apping. It must vary depending on your situation.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 25
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Back in August of 2012 i got approved for Walmart and Dillards...tried applying for Lowe's in September and then Sam's Club in October and got denied for both. So its not uncommon to get approved for some but not others...havent re-applied for either one since cuz really wouldnt have use for them right now.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE has been known to not only decline but closed new accounts obtained in sprees. It's a YMMV but considering its the same lender they may be worried about fraud. The most I've ever applied for with GE during a spree is 2.

Message 9 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
GE has been known to not only decline but closed new accounts obtained in sprees. It's a YMMV but considering its the same lender they may be worried about fraud. The most I've ever applied for with GE during a spree is 2.

+1

While everyone's outcome/experience will vary, why put oneself at risk of the lender flagging or closing your accounts?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.