HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart, Sams and Lowes are all GE?

Had capital one since 2009.
Message 21 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Again, your best chance for approval is to take care of your baddies ESP an outstanding CA. Let it update, then try Barclays.
Message 22 of 25
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I just got the letter from GE/Lowes saying my TU score was 595! I pulled Myfico and its 659!!
Should I try back door to get approved on this one??
Message 23 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@HYPASS33 wrote:
I just got the letter from GE/Lowes saying my TU score was 595! I pulled Myfico and its 659!!
Should I try back door to get approved on this one??

The (GECRB) TU score that was based to make their decision is an internal one (reference the range used).  Unfortunately, I don't think this one will fly.  You can always try but there's very few anectodal successes in overturning the original declined decision.  If your CR was a lot cleaner, you would have more leverage.

Message 24 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
The denial is probably a sign to tell you to garden what you have with GE. Depending on your credit profile will determine how long you should wait. A longer AAOA, thicker file can app quicker. Short, thin files at least 6 mos. because you are trying to open multiple accounts with the same lender - I would suggest you wait until after your successful auto CLI at the very earliest

+1

And this, which has been previously suggested.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.