cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart ! Save $ .10 per gallon ( credit card or prepaid card)

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart ! Save $ .10 per gallon ( credit card or prepaid card)

Texas pretty cheap too but using flex fuel you get so much less mpg

Message 11 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

we only lost about 3 mpg.  to us it's worth it.

Message 12 of 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Ugh, I tried to take advantage of this today and I didnt exactly save10 cents per gallon on gas. Reason for this, is because Walmart didnt have the same or lower price as other gas stations, they were 8 cents per gallon more. So I ended up saving two cents per gallon. $3.29 per gallon, not too bad. I remember seeing $3.6X per gallon a few months back.

Message 13 of 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Bumping this up as a reminder, we only have 12 days left! My local Walmart had the same price for gas as other gas stations this time around. $3.26 per gallon was advertised, so I got the discount at $3.16 per gallon. Even though I don't have a daily commute to work, at only $3.16 per gallon, I filled my Titan up!

Message 14 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Gee Wiz - gas here is 3.89 a gallon right now.  Safeway is offering great discounts right now, too - I got 50 cents off a gallon from building up rewards from the Safeway Club Card.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 15 of 18
lithium78
Established Contributor

I can't take advantage of this offer because no Walmarts near me have gas stations and I quit the local Sam's Club.  (BJ's Wholesale had much healthier groceries for the same price and cheaper gas too.)  Luckily, I was approved last month for the Discover More card, so I've been enjoying the 5% cashback on gas.  I drive a hybrid too, so the savings are considerable.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Decided to stop for more, this time at only $2.99 a gallon! I thought I would never be able to buy gas at under $3 ever again. Are gas prices going down for others as well. I saw $3.09 today at many gas stations and thought of Walmart gas right away Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

FYI this has been extended

10¢ per gallon discount available now through 12/24/11 with the use of a consumer Walmart® Credit Card or Walmart Discover® as payment type. Offer not valid in Oklahoma or Minnesota. For Alabama and Florida gas purchases, the 10 cent discount will appear as a credit on your next statement. Discount applies to posted fuel price of the station when paying at the pump and cannot be used in conjunction with the Sam's Club member discount. Discover®and the Discover acceptance mark are service marks used by GE Money Bank under license from Discover Financial Services.

3After December 24, 2011, 5¢ per gallon discount available through December 31, 2011 with the use of a consumer Walmart Credit Card or Walmart Discover as payment type. 5¢ per gallon discount applies to the regular street price and cannot be used in conjunction with the Sam's Club member discount. For Alabama residents the 5¢ discount will appear as a credit on your next statement. A discount of 3¢ per gallon will apply after December 31, 2011. Not available in Puerto Rico.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.