cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart ! Save $ .10 per gallon ( credit card or prepaid card)

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

Walmart ! Save $ .10 per gallon ( credit card or prepaid card)

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is cutting gas prices by 10 cents a gallon for three months to help consumers worried about their spending amid a sputtering economy and busy summer travel season.

"Our customers have told us that high gas prices are a top budget concern, nearly as large an expense to their households as food and groceries," Chief Marketing Officer Stephen Quinn said in a statement.

Wal-Mart is well aware that rising gas prices and other household costs are squeezing shoppers' budgets, reporting at its annual shareholders meeting earlier this month that shoppers appear to be focusing on groceries and little else.

To help ease consumers' worries, the world's biggest retailer announced Wednesday that customers visiting participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations in 18 states through Sept. 30 will receive a discount on all fuel, gas and diesel purchases when they use a reloadable Walmart gift card, Walmart MoneyCard or a Walmart credit card.

Gas prices neared $4 a gallon in late April and early May, but have since fallen to a national average of $3.57 per gallon. Still, the government reported on Monday that Americans spent at the weakest pace in 20 months in May, a sign gas prices may be hurting the economic recovery.

Wal-Mart said the discount will be taken immediately at the gas pump, with no other restrictions or requirements. The Bentonville, Ark. company said that a complete list of participating Walmart and Murphy USA locations can be found at www.walmartstores.com/gasrollback.

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart ! Save $ .10 per gallon ( credit card or prepaid card)

thats a pretty good deal i saw that on walmart.com earlier but my chase freedom 5% gas will yield more rewards than the gas discount for this quarter. this is good for people who dont have chase freedom or discover for this quarter

amazon
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

only about 15 participating states. my state not included.

Message 3 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

able to cash in on this last night at get gas for $3.23 a gallon

Message 4 of 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Very nice, thanks for posting this. Looks like my Walmart card is going to get a bit more action. I work from home anyways, but drive around in a Titan so this would really help. Thanks!

Message 5 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

But now that I think of it with Chase Freedom 5% back on gas july thru Aug seems like a better deal

Message 6 of 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:

thats a pretty good deal i saw that on walmart.com earlier but my chase freedom 5% gas will yield more rewards than the gas discount for this quarter. this is good for people who dont have chase freedom or discover for this quarter

Exactly. My credit is not where it needs to be to have a Chase or Discover card, but this really helps those with the good ole Wally card. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 18
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

With the average price of regular at $3.54, 10 cents per gallon is approximately 2.82%. Good, but it can be beat on gas with the right rewards card.

Message 8 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

With the average price of regular at $3.54, 10 cents per gallon is approximately 2.82%. Good, but it can be beat on gas with the right rewards card.

Geez, where do you people live??  That is so cheap!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

Geez, where do you people live??  That is so cheap!

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

where do YOU live???

here, the cheapest gas right now is $3.30.  but if you use flexfuel, it's $2.93 Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.