Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card and Sams Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card and Sams Club

I was actually just wondering about that.
I need some new patio furniture and that might just be the ticket if it worked.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere that you don't have to have a seperate Sam's membership to use the card and gain entry to the store. Is that true?

Message 12 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I read somewhere that you don't have to have a seperate Sam's membership to use the card and gain entry to the store. Is that true?

IIRC, there is a 10% surcharge to purchase inside Sam's Club if you're not a Sam's Club member.    In California, you can make liquor purchases at any warehouse club without a membership.   I believe you can use the Pharmacy at warehouse clubs without memberships in any state.

As for Sam's Club gas, I think you do have to have a membership for that.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Walmart and Sam's Club are right next to each other. I never have gone into the SAm's club, but when I asked if I could use the Walmart card for gas, was told no.

Message 14 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Our Walmart and Sam's Club are right next to each other. I never have gone into the SAm's club, but when I asked if I could use the Walmart card for gas, was told no.

"Back in the day" I used to buy gas at the Sam's gas pumps... it would take all of the 'usual' cards to pay for the gas (including I'm fairly sure Wal-Mart credit), but before you even swiped your credit card it made you swipe your Sam's membership card to prove you had a valid/up-to-date membership.  With no Sam's Membership card to swipe first the pump wouldn't even turn on.

That was a few years ago, so they might have updated the procedure, but that might be why you were told you couldn't use your card at the Sam's gas pump.

Message 15 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

you just can't get cash back on walmart card at sams and vice versa i believe... but everything else works same

AFAIK, the special financing also wouldn't work, but perhaps someone else can confirm.  

I've been wondering about this myself... does anybody have any experience with this?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a SAMs club credit card and a walmart credit card. My Walmart card has a limit of $3500 so I use that all the time. I always use my walmart card to buy gas from SAMs club, but you do have to scan your SAMs club card before you purchase.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.