Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Card

soo, i want to apply for the walmart card..but im nervous to apply for anything and get rejected.   I do have a GEMB card, will that help in the decision if im an AU on the card? where do they usually pull your cr from?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card

@Anonymous wrote:

soo, i want to apply for the walmart card..but im nervous to apply for anything and get rejected.   I do have a GEMB card, will that help in the decision if im an AU on the card? where do they usually pull your cr from?

I say go for it! I have had the Walmart store card for 3 years now and it has gone from $150 CL to $1,150 as of last statement. APR is outrageous on every GEMB account I have ever seen, but the CL(s) will grow with you.  I have 5 accounts with GEMB and all have pulled EQ.  All accounts were opened in IL. Good luck! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just dont want the hard inquiry..it will be my 4th Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

then get rejected...

Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Check out www.whogavemecredit.com and Walmart GEMB it looks like you have a chance.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..thanks for that site. It helped a lot. Soo, i applied and got approved for $300.  happy i got approved and they pulled TU.  How soon can i ask for an increase?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

then get rejected...

If it makes you feel any better I was well below your current FICO (listed as EQ656) when I applied. IMO, they will approve you but it may be a very low CL. They will spoon feed you $75- $100 CLI about every 4 months....but bottom line is the CL is GROWING.

Message 7 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congratulations Smiley Happy Treat GEMB right and they will treat you right. You can try for a CLI a couple days after your 4th statment cuts. Don't forget the free TU score if you sign up for paperless statement. After awhile you should be good for other GEMB products like PayPal smartconnect and Amazon store card. 

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i love gemb. I have one of their cards with a 6500 limit and low balance on my cr.  Does Amazon pull the TU report too?

Message 9 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

seems to be a toss up between TU and EQ

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.