Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Card

Okay, in an effort to get a better mix of credit (since CJs disappears or goes DOWN in the next four months -- we hate jewelry, so we won't be buying enough to keep the $2500 CL), we apped for a Walmart Store Card (didn't even THINK of the Walmart Discover!! LOL!!) and GOT IT!! Whoooo!!

The CL is $400 and it says "Type of Account: Choice A" -- does ANYONE know what that means?? Does "Choice A" define the type of credit (sub-prime, prime, average)???

Anyone know???
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card

So you where approved for the regular store card.
Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i would like to know the same thing
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So you where approved for the regular store card.

Yep. I need a new sewing desk (the kind that folds up) and DH joked, "Why don't we see if I can get a Wally card" ('cause I had already told him about the whole CJ's thing -- we're not jewelry people one bit). So, thinking he'd be declined (I hated the thought of a hard inq for nothing), we did, laughing our butts off.

To our surprise, he was approved for $400. And then it said "Type of Account : Choice A" but didn't explain what THAT meant. :/

At least I got a cheap but serviceable table out of the deal. Otherwise, it will live in the sockdrawer (and boy, will it be MISERABLE, LOL!!).

I can't check DH's TC CRs just yet (not until 10 pm tonight 'cause of the 24 hour refresh thingie) ... but when I find out who they pulled, I'll post it, if anyone's interested.
Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. I need a new sewing desk (the kind that folds up) and DH joked, "Why don't we see if I can get a Wally card" ('cause I had already told him about the whole CJ's thing -- we're not jewelry people one bit). So, thinking he'd be declined (I hated the thought of a hard inq for nothing), we did, laughing our butts off.

To our surprise, he was approved for $400. And then it said "Type of Account : Choice A" but didn't explain what THAT meant. :/

At least I got a cheap but serviceable table out of the deal. Otherwise, it will live in the sockdrawer (and boy, will it be MISERABLE, LOL!!).

I can't check DH's TC CRs just yet (not until 10 pm tonight 'cause of the 24 hour refresh thingie) ... but when I find out who they pulled, I'll post it, if anyone's interested.

Congrats had my card since July with a $300 Limit

Wal-Mart is backed by GE MONEY BANK an 99% of the time they pull EQ.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-04-2008 05:31 PM
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats had my card since July with a $300 Limit

Wal-Mart is backed by GE MONEY BANK an 99% of the time they pull EQ.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-04-2008 05:31 PM

Well, yuck. EQ is DH's worst score. Well, we didn't even think he'd get it, anyway.

Is GE Money Bank any good? Are they stingy? Are they nice? Do you know how they are about CLIs or CLDs? I know absolutely nothing about them.

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is GE Money Bank any good? Are they stingy? Are they nice? Do you know how they are about CLIs or CLDs? I know absolutely nothing about them.

Well i'm a new customer as well i don't know allot about them but if do a search on this forum you can get some info From what i read here on myfico there very stingy with CLI if you get one it's very small like $100 bucks. You can request a CLI with them after you have had your account 4 months . I requested a CLI  3 weeks ago was declined my letter stated that they needed to see 4 month of good payment history before they will consider a CLI so i guess there is some truth to the 4 month rule. My card will reach 4 months on the 3 of Nov so i will hit the luv button again around that time. 

I also have read here they will CLD if you don't use your card often.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-04-2008 05:47 PM
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.

I recieved the same starting limit in july. But i was told by wal-mart csr that they look at acct every 6 months for auto CLI. I asked for a CLI during activation and was declined.

Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Type of Account: Choice A" -- does ANYONE know what that means??
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i have no ideal what choice a acct is. So i just called wal-mart csr and believe it or not they dont know either
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.