Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card

tag
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card

Crap.  It was probably my driver's license #.  At first I didn't put it in, because it's expired.  I live in NYC and don't have a car and don't plan on getting one, so I didn't renew my license when it expired last year.  That's why I didn't put it in, but then it said I couldn't continue without the number.  What if I hadn't ever had a driver's license.  This is exhausting.  So now, I've likely been denied and have an inquiry for nothing?  Does anyone have the backdoor number?
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 21 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

I just called and clarified the driver's license # issue, but they still couldn't approve me today.  The rep in the credit dept said they need to verify my information like social with public records????  I think I've been denied and he didn't have the heart to tell me...Smiley Sad
Message 22 of 46
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, in an effort to get a better mix of credit (since CJs disappears or goes DOWN in the next four months -- we hate jewelry, so we won't be buying enough to keep the $2500 CL), we apped for a Walmart Store Card (didn't even THINK of the Walmart Discover!! LOL!!) and GOT IT!! Whoooo!!

The CL is $400 and it says "Type of Account: Choice A" -- does ANYONE know what that means?? Does "Choice A" define the type of credit (sub-prime, prime, average)???

Anyone know???
Hi Wondering,

Did you get one in your name with your scores?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:
Hi Wondering,

Did you get one in your name with your scores?

Nope. I was too scared to!!

When my scores rise a little higher (hopefully quite a bit once my new Cap One reports -- much less the mythical "Credit Steps Increase" hits!!), I'll try ... for now, I'm too chicken!! 

Message 24 of 46
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

With my scores and a BK in 2004, I got the WalMart Discover w/ 2K CL. I almost had a stroke! Smiley Happy

I got my first card, Orchard in 9-07, then Paypal buyer credit 11-07. In 4-08, Cap1, andJCPenny's. Gap, Old Navy, JCPennys, WalMart Discover.

Hope that helps anyone trying.

ADDED: they pulled EQ on 8-18 so my score was about 650-660.

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 10-06-2008 09:56 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 25 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Called in again today after a 7-10 day decision message on Sunday.  I was denied with a 620 EQ (the only pull) score.  So frustrating.  At least I could afford the hard pull on EQ.  Why is it so arbitrary?  I don't have any collections on EQ. 
Message 26 of 46
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@almost_there wrote:
Called in again today after a 7-10 day decision message on Sunday.  I was denied with a 620 EQ (the only pull) score.  So frustrating.  At least I could afford the hard pull on EQ.  Why is it so arbitrary?  I don't have any collections on EQ. 

Could it be a LACK of credit rather than bad credit? Check out the MyFico reports and see what they say about everything on the report and the things hurting you.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 27 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

@WannaHouse wrote:

@almost_there wrote:

Could it be a LACK of credit rather than bad credit? Check out the MyFico reports and see what they say about everything on the report and the things hurting you.

No, I don't think so.  For the amount of new credit and credit length, MyFico gives me a very good.  Amount of Debt (student loans) and payment history do suck, but I haven't had a late in over two years and my student loans are all up to date.  I owe about 140k. 
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um, you have 140k in student loan debt. I'm assuming thats why they didn't approve you especially during these bad economic times.
Message 29 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's actually pretty unlikely. It doesn't appreciably affect your scores, as it's over on the installment side, and as long as your income is adequate for your monthly payments, I doubt that Wally World would even blink. You never know with them, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.