Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card ?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card ?

How long have you had the account and is this your first payment?

Walmart is known to be slow the first or second payment but after that they process pretty quickly 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd or 3rd payment

Message 12 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2nd or 3rd payment

Your problems should end with the next payment 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this too, but I found that in my case, they posted faster if I paid from the Walmart Credit Card website ("pulled" a payment) rather than sent the payment from my banking website ("pushing" one).  It seems that if you give Synchrony permission to go get your money, they do it faster than if you send it to them, at least for me.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would set up the Walmart online account thru the walmart credit card site and pull the payment. I had Wells Fargo until last year and I don't remember them lagging but you have to be proactive.

The Walmart card has a lot to be desired if you are PIF but those financing options come around all the time. Bank cards can't touch unless they're intros.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed that each payment in a month takes a little longer than the one before. The first one is quick to post but the third payment that month might take a week to post. And the first large payment made to the account took longer too. I'm guessing it was because they didn't know our payment patterns yet.
Message 16 of 26
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I use my banks online bill pay to send the money electrnically. Takes 72 hours to reflect. This applies to all Synchrony Bank cards, I think.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 17 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I used to have occasional problems with payment holds (i.e. funds not being 'cleared') back when I would use the card issuer's website to make the payment, but once I started 'pushing' the payment from my bank account (using my checking account's bill pay) the problems stopped.

It does mean you have to submit the payment at least a couple of days before the due date, but once the issuer gets the payment there's no hold.  I pay Sam's Club MasterCard $1k+ each month (it's my daily card) and they have yet to hold a payment; I have access to the funds as soon as they receive them.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

There does seem to be a little lag time between charges and payments posting to the account. IIRC, once a payment is made that amount is available less $1. I haven't used my card in a few months so I could be mistaken. I make my payments through their website. I hope the issue gets resolved OP. Best of luck!
Message 19 of 26
zico325

hi guys , i had applied for a walmard card back in january and was approved ,  and i did not like the fact the they gave me $200, credit limit i did not do my homework on the card i called and closed the account , now i m applied synchrony denied me saying it s showing that i alaready have a store card open , when i called credit solotions , she told a descisiion is already made about this applications i have to reapply again she will put a note on the account to overide it , what do i do it is it worth another hard pull rarely shop at walmard just trying to get the card because of synchrony being so generous about credit increase.

current fico, EQ 687, Tu 714, Ex 706
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.