Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Credit Card Issue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Credit Card Issue?

I was approved for the Walmart Store card. I'm 18 and just building my credit. I have 2 unsecured credit cards with CapitalOne and had no problems with them. However, when I got and tried activating my Walmart Store Credit Card today, it wouldn't work and told me to call customer service. So I did and they transferred me to the fraud department. After a bunch of questions, they told me my SSN isnt showing up and that I need to send them proof of my SSN and that I live at my address. They want me to mail a copy of my Social Security Card and Drivers License to their Security Department in Ohio. Is this safe? I also got a Dillard's credit card that is GE Money Bank as well. I tried activating it and it got denied too. I activated it online, but then when I went to see the account it told me the account information couldn't be accessed and to call customer service. Same Problem? I had no problems getting my CapitalOne credit cards. She even asked me if I had other credit and when I told her I did, she said she didn't know why it wasn't working then and that there was nothing she could do for me. Smiley Sad Should I just stick with my CapitalOne cards and forget about these? I don't really feel safe mailing a copy of my Social Security Card and Drivers License.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Credit Card Issue?

As far as safety I would send it certified at least that way you know it will arrive there okay. I wouldn't give it to much thought they are only looking out for you to make sure it is actually you. And besides you already took the hard hit for it you might as well enjoy the cards and the free fico with Walmart Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

+ 1

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 3 of 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Mekitcat wrote:

As far as safety I would send it certified at least that way you know it will arrive there okay. I wouldn't give it to much thought they are only looking out for you to make sure it is actually you. And besides you already took the hard hit for it you might as well enjoy the cards and the free fico with Walmart Smiley Happy

It's not a big deal.  You already have the card approved.  I would enclose something to ask them to call you when they receive the requested documentation, that should give you some peace of mind. 

Message 4 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Patience is golden!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.