cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store card to Walmart MasterCard??

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart Store card to Walmart MasterCard??

@jsucool76 wrote:

When in doubt, keep asking until they say yes. Smiley Tongue 

Always works for me...but I'm special. My mommy said so. 

Mommies are always right!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 29
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone been offered to upgrade their Walmart store card to a Walmart MasterCard?

I was told recently that walmart doesn't do upgrades, you have to apply. 

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 12 of 29
Ron1
Super Contributor

No, they told me I have to apply if I want to get MC. 

Ron.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am sorry for bumping the thread, but I just received a letter in the mail today informing me that my Walmart store card will be upgraded to the MasterCard. I'm thrilled, even though I never requested this upgrade. My account has been open for about 20 months; I typically keep this card PIF and I do not use it very much. I was just curious as to whether anyone else has gotten this notice recently. 

Thanks

Message 14 of 29
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I am sorry for bumping the thread, but I just received a letter in the mail today informing me that my Walmart store card will be upgraded to the MasterCard. I'm thrilled, even though I never requested this upgrade. My account has been open for about 20 months; I typically keep this card PIF and I do not use it very much. I was just curious as to whether anyone else has gotten this notice recently. 

Thanks

That's great news!   Today is the first time that I've seen upgrade offers on Walmart store cards since the Discover-to-MC transition.   Check the Approvals forum for success.

Since I've decided I want to keep my Walmart account open and use for special financing in the future (at some point down the road, I'll need tires for my car), I intend on accepting an upgrade if offered.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks

That's great news!   Today is the first time that I've seen upgrade offers on Walmart store cards since the Discover-to-MC transition.   Check the Approvals forum for success.

Since I've decided I want to keep my Walmart account open and use for special financing in the future (at some point down the road, I'll need tires for my car), I intend on accepting an upgrade if offered.  

Im not sure about all this. I just visited my brother and mailman was outside when i arrived. he had a letter from walmart that read. you have been upgraded. Not sure , it did not feel like a credit card inside. hehehe. But i assume he went from store card to mastercard if they said that. He got his card on same day as me. last may. so its been about 16 months.Also this was just on the outside of the envelope. I did not actually open it to see what it said.

Message 16 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I also received an upgrade letter today.  I'll most likely accept it.  I had been on the fence about keeping my Walmart account.  The upgrade is just enough of an incentive to keep this account a bit longer.

Maybe we'll see a new wave of upgrades.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 17 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

I also received an upgrade letter today.  I'll most likely accept it.  I had been on the fence about keeping my Walmart account.  The upgrade is just enough of an incentive to keep this account a bit longer.

Yes a flowery colors on front. so you went to mastercard?

Message 18 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Yes a flowery colors on front. so you went to mastercard?

No card yet, just a "Congratulations!  You're being upgraded to the Walmart MasterCard" letter.  The letter says the new card will arrive in 65 days.  Good thing I'm in no particular hurry!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've ahd the store version for 2 1/2 years and no offer to upgrade, but have gotten CLI's.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.