cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store card to Walmart MasterCard??

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Store card to Walmart MasterCard??

I've had my card for 2 years.  I use it every now and then, maybe 4 times a year.  I typical spend less than $100.  I PIF by the due date.  It started with a $1200 limit.  I received one increase to $5,000 back in Dec 2013.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 21 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I also received an upgrade letter today.  I'll most likely accept it.  I had been on the fence about keeping my Walmart account.  The upgrade is just enough of an incentive to keep this account a bit longer.

Maybe we'll see a new wave of upgrades.

Yes a flowery colors on front. so you went to mastercard?

No card yet, just a "Congratulations!  You're being upgraded to the Walmart MasterCard" letter.  The letter says the new card will arrive in 65 days.  Good thing I'm in no particular hurry!

Good info.Yes that is the letter my brother got as well. Now im hoping to upgrade it. I have a 10k limit.Which is strange for a store card. would be sweet as mastercard.

Message 22 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I also received an upgrade letter today.  I'll most likely accept it.  I had been on the fence about keeping my Walmart account.  The upgrade is just enough of an incentive to keep this account a bit longer.

Maybe we'll see a new wave of upgrades.

Yes a flowery colors on front. so you went to mastercard?

No card yet, just a "Congratulations!  You're being upgraded to the Walmart MasterCard" letter.  The letter says the new card will arrive in 65 days.  Good thing I'm in no particular hurry!

Good info.Yes that is the letter my brother got as well. Now im hoping to upgrade it. I have a 10k limit.Which is strange for a store card. would be sweet as mastercard.

Good luck Taxi.  I hope you get your upgrade letter soon.  Keep us posted. 

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 23 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I am sorry for bumping the thread, but I just received a letter in the mail today informing me that my Walmart store card will be upgraded to the MasterCard. I'm thrilled, even though I never requested this upgrade. My account has been open for about 20 months; I typically keep this card PIF and I do not use it very much. I was just curious as to whether anyone else has gotten this notice recently. 

Thanks

That's great news!   Today is the first time that I've seen upgrade offers on Walmart store cards since the Discover-to-MC transition.   Check the Approvals forum for success.

Since I've decided I want to keep my Walmart account open and use for special financing in the future (at some point down the road, I'll need tires for my car), I intend on accepting an upgrade if offered.  

Oh no. Another new account again. My AAOA will puke Smiley Very Happy

Since it appears there'll be no choice on the matter and considering at some point when my TU dropped off some INQ's again i was going to app for the bankcard version also anyway. So all is good when that upgrade comes this way. Nothing yet though in this camp.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the upgrade letter as well. It's worded as if the account has already been upgraded, but if you check the lower right corner, there is a number to call and speak with them if you choose not to upgrade.
Message 25 of 29
linux007969
Established Contributor

After seeing this post i randomly called Customer Service..... first with the automated system, after i said person, and it wanted to know the reason i said "Upgrades" ..... then it said " I understand you want to upgrade your account, let me get you to someone who can help you......" a rep in United States came on and i said i would like to see if there is an offer tp upgrade to the mastercard...... she said " I'm not showing any offers for your account as of right now, from time to time we mail those out, so keep checking your mail" i said " ok thanks " and we nicely ended the call.

Either way it was nice to get a very friendly rep instead of a rep saying "we don't do upgrades, apply for it if you want it!"

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 26 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got the upgrade letter as well. It's worded as if the account has already been upgraded, but if you check the lower right corner, there is a number to call and speak with them if you choose not to upgrade.

Thank You so much for that bit of info. At this time when i am working on lifting my scores and they are indeed rising, a Walmart upgrade can surely wait for a better time.

I'll be on the lookout for that message and prevent it when it comes. My AAOA needs a rest.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

supercreditgirl13 just made s post about he's being switched
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Opened the card June 15th 2014 6 months after I turned 18 in January. Approved for 300$cl now I am at 6k Yesterday I got the upgrade offer in the mail. I will except and request 25k when I get the card. A bit confused though. My 67 year old Grandmother has had the Wal-Mart Card since the launch of it and she has the store card still...Her credit scores are in the 800s she has atleast 20CCs with high limits so why haven't they offered her it?

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.