Reply
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

Rep tells me because of new legislation they are not allow to upgrade accounts.  You have to go into a store and select just the Discover card and apply.

 

I think now whenever a bank changes something about there credit cards, they just use the legislation to cover up how bad they are.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

[ Edited ]

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?


ifinet wrote:

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148


and how does she suppose a person is going to get to $3000 when they give out $125 CLI at a time... I'll be dead first!

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
ty101
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

In June I got a 400 dollar CLI from them.  I opened the account in Jan and started with 400 then in June I got an Auto increase.

Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

 


Creditaddict wrote:

ifinet wrote:

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148


and how does she suppose a person is going to get to $3000 when they give out $125 CLI at a time... I'll be dead first!


That should'nt be the case. I charge my card alot at wally and it appears that they like me. I got to $1,100 from $150 in 2 months. Just keep doin your thang :smileywink:

 

Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

I thought it was always like that with wallmart. You goto store and apply for discover card and if it is approved then they will convert your old account to discover card. I tried couple of times and they messed up apps and I gave up on that upgrade.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

 


concorduser wrote:

I thought it was always like that with wallmart. You goto store and apply for discover card and if it is approved then they will convert your old account to discover card. I tried couple of times and they messed up apps and I gave up on that upgrade.


 

she mentioned a kiosk? so you can do this without dealing with an employee at the store?

I don't really have use for the card as just the store since Walmart is ways away from me now

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}