Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,863
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

Rep tells me because of new legislation they are not allow to upgrade accounts.  You have to go into a store and select just the Discover card and apply.

 

I think now whenever a bank changes something about there credit cards, they just use the legislation to cover up how bad they are.

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

[ Edited ]

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,863
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?


ifinet wrote:

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148


and how does she suppose a person is going to get to $3000 when they give out $125 CLI at a time... I'll be dead first!

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Regular Contributor
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎12-12-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

In June I got a 400 dollar CLI from them.  I opened the account in Jan and started with 400 then in June I got an Auto increase.

Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

 


Creditaddict wrote:

ifinet wrote:

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148


and how does she suppose a person is going to get to $3000 when they give out $125 CLI at a time... I'll be dead first!


That should'nt be the case. I charge my card alot at wally and it appears that they like me. I got to $1,100 from $150 in 2 months. Just keep doin your thang Smiley Wink

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

I thought it was always like that with wallmart. You goto store and apply for discover card and if it is approved then they will convert your old account to discover card. I tried couple of times and they messed up apps and I gave up on that upgrade.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,863
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

 


concorduser wrote:

I thought it was always like that with wallmart. You goto store and apply for discover card and if it is approved then they will convert your old account to discover card. I tried couple of times and they messed up apps and I gave up on that upgrade.


 

she mentioned a kiosk? so you can do this without dealing with an employee at the store?

I don't really have use for the card as just the store since Walmart is ways away from me now

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.