cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

Rep tells me because of new legislation they are not allow to upgrade accounts.  You have to go into a store and select just the Discover card and apply.

I think now whenever a bank changes something about there credit cards, they just use the legislation to cover up how bad they are.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store no Longer updrade to Discover!?

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just discussed that subject with a CSR no too long ago. She mentioned that my account needs to be open for atleast a year and that the CL should be equal to or greater than $3000. She spent about 30 mins to work out a solution for me. The number I called was 866-611-1148

and how does she suppose a person is going to get to $3000 when they give out $125 CLI at a time... I'll be dead first!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In June I got a 400 dollar CLI from them.  I opened the account in Jan and started with 400 then in June I got an Auto increase.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and how does she suppose a person is going to get to $3000 when they give out $125 CLI at a time... I'll be dead first!

That should'nt be the case. I charge my card alot at wally and it appears that they like me. I got to $1,100 from $150 in 2 months. Just keep doin your thang Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I thought it was always like that with wallmart. You goto store and apply for discover card and if it is approved then they will convert your old account to discover card. I tried couple of times and they messed up apps and I gave up on that upgrade.

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I thought it was always like that with wallmart. You goto store and apply for discover card and if it is approved then they will convert your old account to discover card. I tried couple of times and they messed up apps and I gave up on that upgrade.

she mentioned a kiosk? so you can do this without dealing with an employee at the store?

I don't really have use for the card as just the store since Walmart is ways away from me now

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.