Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart/Synchrony Approval Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart/Synchrony Approval Odds?

I was thinking about possibly applying for a walmart card. It's where I buy a lot of my daughter's clothes when I'm shopping and I know Synchrony reports really well so since I'm rebuilding...does anyone have any ideas on the approval odds? I would wait for my new CO Plat to report (statement cut on 8/18 and still doesn't show) before applying so my score should go up a bit before I actually apply.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart/Synchrony Approval Odds?

honestly...I would wait and apply around Black Fridayish..your scores are a little low still, and would increase enough by then with a few statements reporting to possibly get you the card. I got the card with a 635 TU, and tons of baddies.

Wait just a few more months, and you'll have a better chance.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

once you crest 600 you have a 65% chance at that point. right now maybe under 10%
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! Thank you so much. I know my scores are still low, I'm really hoping that my card reports soon. My husband also added me as an authorized user to two of his cards so that will help as well. I even got a collections account removed off my experian today so once that updates, that should give me a little boost too.

Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! Thank you so much. I know my scores are still low, I'm really hoping that my card reports soon. My husband also added me as an authorized user to two of his cards so that will help as well. I even got a collections account removed off my experian today so once that updates, that should give me a little boost too.

no, that shouldnt give you "a little boost", it should give you alot!  With your new card reporting, new AU reporting, and the collections removed??? yea...wait a month or so until it all updates, and your approval rrate just went to 70-100%. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wellllllll it's just one of several collections accounts....so it's still a work in progress. I am very excited about all the changes and my annual household income is pretty high so that helps too when doing applications.

Message 6 of 7
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I agree with the info above. I was low 600's when approved. My scores have gone up a lot since the approval. I've had the card for just over 3 months and the limit is up to $6K. Wait it out a bit and it could really prove worthwhile.

More than enough credit.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.