Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart TU Score.

tag
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Walmart TU Score.

So im curious is the walmart CC worth the free TU score and who is gonna actually pull that TU score?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Express
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart TU Score.

If that's the only reason that you want the card then the answer is no in my op.

CL $408,200
Message 2 of 13
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Walmart (GE) pulls it for you every month around the 3rd or 4th of the month. It is a real tu 08 fico score.

Message 3 of 13
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

The question that was asked is who pulls the score? I dont believe it was a yes or no question

@Express wrote:

If that's the only reason that you want the card then the answer is no in my op.

Message 4 of 13
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Part of the question was is it worth the free score. For some of us, it is. What's the price of a MyFico Tu - $19.85? Not sure about the price, haven't bought one., Have relied on app denials for my score, and fakos. Walmart is a good start for rebuilders as a first GE card. I just got one, I never shop there, but I'll make an effort occasionally to keep the card active. I've heard the store nearest me now has groceries.

If your credit and your card portfolio are in great shape, it may not be worth it, as you may not need it.
Message 5 of 13
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Im not really interested in getting it anytime soon or even ever. I just trying to learn more about credit and if that TU 08 score is worth anything. Like i originally posted, who actually uses/pull this score from you?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 6 of 13
lissa1184
Established Member

I ALWAYS shop at Wal-mart so the free TU fico is worth it for me. I forgot they give you a free fico since I just received the card last month. Checked mine today and it is 680. I am happy to see my score gradually increasing. I hope to reach the 700 club soon.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 7 of 13
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

From what I've read, the TU 08 fico is used by a lot of lenders and is more reliable that the version here on MyFico which is an older score version and not used by lenders much.

Again, I not an expert, this is what I've learned.
Message 8 of 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Countingpennies wrote:
From what I've read, the TU 08 fico is used by a lot of lenders and is more reliable that the version here on MyFico which is an older score version and not used by lenders much.

Again, I not an expert, this is what I've learned.

I believe GE Bank uses this model for its card approvals. Discover may also use this same version because when i was denied a SP CLI the score that came with the letter was the exact same one that Walmart TU had. Along with my BofA approval back in March was the same score from TU08.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 13
justforting
Regular Contributor

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

So im curious is the walmart CC worth the free TU score and who is gonna actually pull that TU score?

To be honest, I keep the CC only for the free TU08 score. Many other cards have far better cash rewards than walmart cc, even in Walmart, thus I don't use it much.

Many cc companies pull this score. Discover pulled only TU for my discover. Cap one and BOA typically pull TU, but probably other scores as well.

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.