Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart TU score is up!

tag
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart TU score is up!

Bummer, I didn't get an update either. 

But I just got my Walmart Discover and got my initial score on the 7th.  Maybe I didn't get in the list for this month's pull. 

And someone wrote above that they do the actual pull on the 5th and just display it on the 10th biz day after.  So in reality, perhaps this was my "monthly" score and I just got it early because I had recently opened my account.

I was hoping to see the effect of paying down the balance on my AmEx just before the statement posts had on TU.  I'll just have to be patient and wait for next month.  Patience is a virtue, right? Smiley Sad

I think I got a good idea what it did to my EQ because I just got my first DCU Fico Score.  MyFico monitoring had me at 789 and the DCU pull was 801. 

Does anyone know if the MyFico EQ score uses the same algorithm as the DCU Fico freebie?

Thanks,

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 21 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bobebob wrote:

But I just got my Walmart Discover and got my initial score on the 7th.  Maybe I didn't get in the list for this month's pull. 

And someone wrote above that they do the actual pull on the 5th and just display it on the 10th biz day after.  So in reality, perhaps this was my "monthly" score and I just got it early because I had recently opened my account.

I was hoping to see the effect of paying down the balance on my AmEx just before the statement posts had on TU.  I'll just have to be patient and wait for next month.  Patience is a virtue, right? Smiley Sad

I think I got a good idea what it did to my EQ because I just got my first DCU Fico Score.  MyFico monitoring had me at 789 and the DCU pull was 801. 

Does anyone know if the MyFico EQ score uses the same algorithm as the DCU Fico freebie?

Thanks,

The version of the EQ score here is Beacon 5.0. If DCU gives you that same version of EQ then everything should be exactly alike.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 22 of 29
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@bobebob wrote:

Thanks,

The version of the EQ score here is Beacon 5.0. If DCU gives you that same version of EQ then everything should be exactly alike.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I did a little poking around and see that it is indeed the Beacon  5.0 (from one of your previous posts, MarineVietVet)  

That's good news (free Fico!  Bully for me Smiley Tongue).  

On the other hand, it doesn't bode well for MyFico's chances of getting me to renew my ScoreWatch subscription.  Particularly when it has yet to reflect the afore-mentioned paying down of balance prior to statement date (but I'll start a new thread before I get my quasi-rant on Smiley Mad).

Thanks, MarineVietVet (for you help and your service - I was a squid from 1991-97)

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 23 of 29
score_building
Senior Contributor

@bobebob wrote:

Thanks,

My DCU EQ score has always matched the EQ version from myfico.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 24 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

No change to DW's FICO.

Message 25 of 29
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

775  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bobebob wrote:

I did a little poking around and see that it is indeed the Beacon  5.0 (from one of your previous posts, MarineVietVet)  

That's good news (free Fico!  Bully for me Smiley Tongue).  

On the other hand, it doesn't bode well for MyFico's chances of getting me to renew my ScoreWatch subscription.  Particularly when it has yet to reflect the afore-mentioned paying down of balance prior to statement date (but I'll start a new thread before I get my quasi-rant on Smiley Mad).

Thanks, MarineVietVet (for you help and your service - I was a squid from 1991-97)

Well no one is perfect.  Smiley Wink

Just giving you a hard time. Thanks for your service in keeping me and mine safe. 

Message 27 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@SteveNSC wrote:

Wow!  I had a TL with some 3 year old lates drop off in the last month but no other changes.  Up 100 points! 

WOW!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 28 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi im my frst walmart tu was 678TU 8/12/2011 and today got updated im at 705TU up 27 points "insane". im in the 700 club

im 20 years old one year ago i had a 0 score  im soSmiley Very Happy

1st card kays 300 CL

2nd macys     400 cl

3rd walmart   250cl now 700 cl

4th capital one 500 cl

5th amazon 700 cl

Nice going!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.