Contributor
labsxtwo

Re: Walmart account closed......

LS2982 wrote:

ctb89 wrote:
Why close a no AF card? Why not just SD it?

Thats how I always feel.

+1

I mainly use my Walmart card for my toddler (pull-ups, wipes, etc). Plus, it's easy to keep track of his expenses and then PIF when I get the monthly child support check. :smileyhappy:

Blogger
FrugalRican

A no AF card that gives you your TU, and you close it because you felt slighted because of no CLI?

What's done is done, but in the future, I'd value a card that gave me my credit score a lot higher, despite of a lack of CLI's.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Established Contributor
learnin113

amercnchopz34 wrote:
Hey guys...have not had an increase in over a year.......closed it down.....only 1.5 years old...hope is does not affect my score that much......just never used it......I know getting my TU is a plus but. Just Dont use it and GE has not been kind to me.......875 CL......but just got approved for a CU visa rewards card....2500cl...

I'm gonna venture to say this was a rash move, not a smart one. :smileyindifferent:

Senior Contributor
Open123

FrugalRican wrote:

A no AF card that gives you your TU, and you close it because you felt slighted because of no CLI?

What's done is done, but in the future, I'd value a card that gave me my credit score a lot higher, despite of a lack of CLI's.

Right, if there's ever a reason to keep a no fee card with a low CL that you'd never use, it would be this.

Regular Contributor
boonelb

Thats how I feel about my emblem card.  only 175 CL but why close it. its my oldest card also at 6 months

Mega Contributor
LS2982

learnin113 wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:
Hey guys...have not had an increase in over a year.......closed it down.....only 1.5 years old...hope is does not affect my score that much......just never used it......I know getting my TU is a plus but. Just Dont use it and GE has not been kind to me.......875 CL......but just got approved for a CU visa rewards card....2500cl...

I'm gonna venture to say this was a rash move, not a smart one. :smileyindifferent:

+1

I would see if they can reopen it.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
pizzadude

Well at least the OP can still get their TU FICO score ~ apparently even after you close your wally card if you log in you'll still see the score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

[ Edited ]

pizzadude wrote:

Well at least the OP can still get their TU FICO score ~ apparently even after you close your wally card if you log in you'll still see the score.

Yep - my cards' been closed for a year or so and I pull my TU FICO score.

OP - I think you'll be fine closing the card.  When I closed my Walmart card, there just wasn't a FICO impact.  Of course YMMV.

When I took DH off as AU on a different store card (Macy's) his score actually went up (it had gone down when I added him - both score changes occured the same day as the AU reported on and off).  No impact on his AAofA - so - who knows?  :smileyfrustrated:

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Super Contributor
CS800

GE is normally good at CLI but no AF so thats a plus and the TU08.

I think you still get your TU08 if the account is closed? I thought i read this somewhere

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+