Established Member
cappaccinodagreat

Walmart & Amazon decline

Just needed someplace to vent.  Rebuilding credit, but Amazon & walmart dont want to help. I got the 7 to 10 day message on Amazon........ I was sad, but figured I would try Walmart since I hear it is easy to get.  Well I got the same message there too. I called 877-379-8173 to see if there was maybe an identity confirmation needed. I was promptly told that both applications came back declined. I was also told that the only thing I could do was re-apply at another time. :smileysad:

In the last few months, I have opened 2 different Cap 1 credit cards with $500 credit lines & a Wells Fargo auto loan for $13K. The worst part is that I was really only applying in order to have a lower percentage of credit usage. I really didnt plan on using those cards often.......... and now i have 2 more hard credit pulls.

Disappointing

Starting Score: March 2013 = EQ 606 - TU 558 - EX 570
Current Score: EQ 613 TU 635 EX 628
Goal Score: 700s

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Walmart & Amazon decline

cappaccinodagreat wrote:

Just needed someplace to vent.  Rebuilding credit, but Amazon & walmart dont want to help. I got the 7 to 10 day message on Amazon........ I was sad, but figured I would try Walmart since I hear it is easy to get.  Well I got the same message there too. I called 877-379-8173 to see if there was maybe an identity confirmation needed. I was promptly told that both applications came back declined. I was also told that the only thing I could do was re-apply at another time. :smileysad:

In the last few months, I have opened 2 different Cap 1 credit cards with $500 credit lines & a Wells Fargo auto loan for $13K. The worst part is that I was really only applying in order to have a lower percentage of credit usage. I really didnt plan on using those cards often.......... and now i have 2 more hard credit pulls.

Disappointing

Best thing you can do is garden your new accounts now :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
webhopper

[ Edited ]

cappaccinodagreat wrote:

Disappointing

Hi!  Welcome to myFICO community forums!

I'm guessing that your utilization on existing accounts was high?

That is by far the worst time to apply for new credit.  The best time to apply for a new card is when you don't need it and your utilization is low.

Best advice is to pay down your balances on other cards before you reapply 

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Established Member
cappaccinodagreat

Actually, my utilization is about 21%. I have to think that the reason was that I have had too many inquiries or they are frowning upon the fact that I have had a few accounts opened recently. Guess it looks bad.

Either way, i gusee I will lay low for a while. At this rate, its going to take at least a year to get into the 700's, maybe 2.

Starting Score: March 2013 = EQ 606 - TU 558 - EX 570
Current Score: EQ 613 TU 635 EX 628
Goal Score: 700s

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+