Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart & Sam's Club... Favorite Benefits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart & Sam's Club... Favorite Benefits

I love the the cash back option and the 0% deals.  My favorite is walmart.com and have it delivered to the Walmart Neighborhood Market. 

The regular Walmart is to crowded  but the little Walmart does not have some items we need so we order them on Walmart.com and pick them up at the little Walmart. 

Message 21 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I love the the cash back option and the 0% deals.  My favorite is walmart.com and have it delivered to the Walmart Neighborhood Market. 

The regular Walmart is to crowded  but the little Walmart does not have some items we need so we order them on Walmart.com and pick them up at the little Walmart. 

Just curious if the 3% you get for Walmart website purchases still apply for item pickups?

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Just curious if the 3% you get for Walmart website purchases still apply for item pickups?

Not always.  I have not quite figured that out yet.  Some yes some no

Message 23 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hmm interesting. Best guess is probably items that have to be shipped to the store are probably items coded as 3% perhaps?

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Hmm interesting. Best guess is probably items that have to be shipped to the store are probably items coded as 3% perhaps?

I purchased an in-store item online and picked it up, and I received the 3 %, plus a 3% bonus.  As a matter of fact, all WalMart Pay transactions are 3% through 12/31.  I shopped at WalMart twice last month and earned $9.81 cash back for the month.

Message 25 of 32
carcdr
Established Member

The rewards program terms say that you get the 3% on "purchases made on Walmart.com (including Grocery Pick Up and Instore Pick Up)". So all the pickup services are supposed to have the 3%.
Discover It @ $3,300, May 2017 | Amex Blue Cash Everyday @ $7,500, July 2017 | Citi Double Cash @ $5,300, June 2018 | Chase Amazon Prime VS @ $3,000, July 2018 | Chase Freedom @ $5,100, October 2018 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise @ $2,000, February 2019 | Walmart MasterCard @ $3,000, March 2019 | Fidelity Rewards VS @ $6,000, August 2019
Message 26 of 32
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

I like it because I shop at Walmart on a reguar basis.

Newegg Card $1200| Amazon Card $1000| Walmart Card $1100| Discover IT Card $1500 Current Fico score is 672 currently Gardening for the time being. Been a member of the Garden since 11-21-17 Planning to stay until Mid-2019.
Message 27 of 32
Hotcoals91
Regular Contributor

Did not know anything about the quickcash non-cash advance cash advance how exactly does it work? Is it with both versions? Done at any register? Forgive me for not knowing about this.
Message 28 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Hotcoals91 wrote:
Did not know anything about the quickcash non-cash advance cash advance how exactly does it work? Is it with both versions? Done at any register? Forgive me for not knowing about this.

When you're finished being rung up whether at self-checkout or at a register with a cashier, when you swipe your Walmart/SC/Discover(?) card there's a prompt on the swipe machine asking if you want QuickCash at the end of your purchase. If you select 'yes' they give options starting at $20 in $20 increments up to $100 (limited to once per day), selecting 'no' proceeds with your purchase. If you take the QuickCash the amount you take is taken out of your cash advance limit but is treated as a purchase so there's no immediate interest charges and no ATM fees. Interest will start accruing on the advance with the next billing cycle though so keep that in mind.

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for explaining this quick cash thing.  I had no idea.  Sometimes I meet my budget for the month due to a non needed purchase and begin to look for a card whose statement has cut.

Any money spent after the statement cut will not be owed on the 1st when I pay all of my bills.

This is almost like a one time pay a credit card bill with another credit card.  Of course you would not want to make it a habit.

My barber also does not accept credit cards so this could be like pocket money for several things after buying dinner (at Sams) for the night.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.