Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart an Option with BK?

tag
Shyone44
Contributor

Walmart an Option with BK?

I was curious if a Walmart card is a possibility if I have an old BK? I app'd for the Wally card in March and was turned down do to:

LACK OF INSTALLMENT LOAN INFORMATION
ACCOUNTS IN COLLECTION OR 60 DAYS PAST DUE OR ADVERSE PUBLIC RECORDS

I do have a BK back from 2005 and I also have 2 collection accounts from 2008. Other than that I have lots of positive trade lines. And since I was turned down in March, I've had 6 baddies deleted off my CR. Not sure of my new TU Fico since I won't get a updated score until June Smiley Sad I really only want the card to get the free Fico. Do you think it's possible?

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart an Option with BK?

The Walmart card is backed by GE, and they are known to be BK friendly. I was approved in Feb with a 2.5 Year old BK on my credit report.  I am sure there are other factors put into considation before approving an individual. This Form is full of lots of success stories with Walmart. How is your current Utilization?

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 2 of 11
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

There definitely BK friendly

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 3 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

My Ch7 BK was discharged in Feb '12 and I burned them for $5k. I was approved last month for Walmart card. So if I can get one, so should you. Call them for a reconn.
Message 4 of 11
specsnow

I agree. A recon is a good idea.

Message 5 of 11
CreditHammer

As others have said, they are BK friendly to an extent.. Good luck!

Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shyone44 wrote:

I was curious if a Walmart card is a possibility if I have an old BK? I app'd for the Wally card in March and was turned down do to:

I do have a BK back from 2005 and I also have 2 collection accounts from 2008. Other than that I have lots of positive trade lines. And since I was turned down in March, I've had 6 baddies deleted off my CR. Not sure of my new TU Fico since I won't get a updated score until June Smiley Sad I really only want the card to get the free Fico. Do you think it's possible?

Call for recon if that doesn't work and it should give it a few more months your TU score is borderline so you may want to wait until it's maybe about 15 pts higher.

But call 1st you've taken the HP don't let it go to waste.

Best wishes

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
scarzy
Regular Contributor

I got approved for a store card six months out of bk7. Applied every month since Dec. of 

2012, and was denied every single time until last week.

To my knowledge, I think I was approved because my score went up a few points. I 

think I was hovering around 620. Also, before my bk7, I was on my wife's Walmart store card as an authorized user

for a year. They closed the account after discharged even though we had a zero balance. GE is very quirky sometimes!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

A BK in 2005 will not stop you from getting a Walmart cc. IMO, it was the 6 baddies that were on your cr at the time of applying. You also mentioned 2 CA from 2008, making that 8 baddies AFTER a BK. I'm sure they can look the other way on a couple of items but not 8 plus a BK.

Also, GE does not recon denials - since it has been more than 30 days since you applied and IF your CR's are updated to reflect the 6 baddies have been deleted- reapply.

Good luck!
Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Shyone44 wrote:

With baddies coming off I would try them again in 6 months. 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.