Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart and Smart Connect approval

tag
DanielF
Contributor

Walmart and Smart Connect approval

Got approved for the Walmart store card (for score) and a Smart Connect card (to replace Fingerhut). I am still rebuilding and alot of the advice here has really paid off. What is the best use of the Smart Connect account. I know it is linked to the PayPal account, but I don't plan on much new buying. For those of you that have this account, how do you utilize it?

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart and Smart Connect approval

@DanielF wrote:

Got approved for the Walmart store card (for score) and a Smart Connect card (to replace Fingerhut). I am still rebuilding and alot of the advice here has really paid off. What is the best use of the Smart Connect account. I know it is linked to the PayPal account, but I don't plan on much new buying. For those of you that have this account, how do you utilize it?

Congrats on the approvals !!    Many people take advantage of the free TU FICO score that comes with the Wally card, thats a great perk !

Also, you might consider getting a Paypal debit Mastercard ~ it links to Paypay and you can set it up to draw from SmartConnect.   So it turns SC into a mastercard that you can use anywhere, and is also a 1% cashback card as well.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Also, forgot to add that the Paypal debit mastercard doesn't require a hard pull, since it just links to your paypal account.

Message 3 of 7
DanielF
Contributor

Awesome, thanks for the advice.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 4 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

There are also a lot of online stores that take paypal to make use of your smart connect.   I use it a lot.   Currently letting high balance ride for 6 months of deffered interest.

Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Wolf3 wrote:

There are also a lot of online stores that take paypal to make use of your smart connect.   I use it a lot.   Currently letting high balance ride for 6 months of deffered interest.

Yep that is a good point too ~ and they do seem to run frequent promotions for the deferred interest, 6 months, 0%.

Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.