JustinNguyen
Contributor

Walmart and Walmart discover

For whoever got 1 of these card.

*credit limit when you start?

1 :Walmart/ Walmart discover?

2: Hong long you got this card?

3: hong much you spent a month?

4: how many time credit limit have been increased?( auto increased and requested it)

* Comment :

I want to know your story then I can build up my credit limit stronger. Thank you

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart and Walmart discover

@JustinNguyen wrote:

4: how many time credit limit have been increased?( auto increased and requested it)

* Comment :

I want to know your story then I can build up my credit limit stronger. Thank you

Started with Wal-Mart Store card. CL was 600.

Increase every 4 months and I used it a lot... carry balance for months

PIF last months with CL of 2.9k

14 months since I have the card open, auto-cli due soon, hopefully upgrade or CL 5.8k

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 25
JustinNguyen
Contributor

I just got Walmart discover and my wife got Walmart store card. My 1000 my wife 600( rebuilder) we shop at Walmart more than 1000 $ for month . We have a good job making 10k for month.  We just have credit card bill to pay. Do I need left some balance like couple dollars for them to report every month or PIF every month to build up stronger credit limit?

Message 3 of 25
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@JustinNguyen wrote:

* Comment :

My husband and I both applied in-store. We each got the Discover with $4k limits. We have only had them a few months but don't really use them. Just got them for the free TU score.

Message 4 of 25
tburns
Regular Contributor

@JustinNguyen wrote:

* Comment :

1. Walmart

2. May 2010

3. 40-100 a month. However just financed tired at 480 last month with 12 mon no interest

4. 4 requested CLI. Started at $700 and it's now $3,064 (odd number but I had a $64 balance when I requested a total of $3k limit, so they raised my available to 3k

Message 5 of 25
diabla
Regular Contributor

@JustinNguyen wrote:

* Comment :

Well I haven't received it yet in the mail but I just got approved for $500 on the store card.  I'm a big Walmart shopper at the ones with groceries, so I plan to use it HEAVILY and PIF every month.  I expect to get big CLIs regularly based on usage.  I've been holding off on some purchases to wait for it to arrive.  If I make it my primary grocery card, I'll be spending at a minimum 400-500 a month, based on what I spend at my local grocery.  

Message 6 of 25
JustinNguyen
Contributor

Awesome. I'll do heavy use on both credit card and PIF every month let see how they raise our credit limit.

Message 7 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Got it at store version with $800 cl.
Got several (prob 10 clis) in two years to $2400 then on the 26th month, I got the upgrade. Limit then raised to $2500,
Then I got it raised to $5k in August, and I just recently got it raised to $10k.
I spend on average over the account age prob $200 to $300 a month. Using many 12 mos 0% offers and the "quick cash" option a few times.
Great card, high interest. Pif!!

Btw, req a cli every four months, monitor your reports too. They won't upgrade or cli if you have high util or negative stuff.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have the Discover version now btw.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 25
JustinNguyen
Contributor

I want to see if I spent my card 800-900/ month and my wife 500/month and all PIF every month let see how much we get after 4 months Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.