Contributor
JustinNguyen

Walmart and Walmart discover

For whoever got 1 of these card.

*credit limit when you start?

1 :Walmart/ Walmart discover?

2: Hong long you got this card?

3: hong much you spent a month?

4: how many time credit limit have been increased?( auto increased and requested it)

* Comment :

I want to know your story then I can build up my credit limit stronger. Thank you

Valued Contributor
armbenderc

Re: Walmart and Walmart discover

JustinNguyen wrote:

4: how many time credit limit have been increased?( auto increased and requested it)

* Comment :

I want to know your story then I can build up my credit limit stronger. Thank you

Started with Wal-Mart Store card. CL was 600.

Increase every 4 months and I used it a lot... carry balance for months

PIF last months with CL of 2.9k

14 months since I have the card open, auto-cli due soon, hopefully upgrade or CL 5.8k

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Contributor
JustinNguyen

I just got Walmart discover and my wife got Walmart store card. My 1000 my wife 600( rebuilder) we shop at Walmart more than 1000 $ for month . We have a good job making 10k for month.  We just have credit card bill to pay. Do I need left some balance like couple dollars for them to report every month or PIF every month to build up stronger credit limit?

Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

JustinNguyen wrote:

* Comment :

My husband and I both applied in-store. We each got the Discover with $4k limits. We have only had them a few months but don't really use them. Just got them for the free TU score.

Regular Contributor
tburns

JustinNguyen wrote:

* Comment :

1. Walmart

2. May 2010

3. 40-100 a month. However just financed tired at 480 last month with 12 mon no interest

4. 4 requested CLI. Started at $700 and it's now $3,064 (odd number but I had a $64 balance when I requested a total of $3k limit, so they raised my available to 3k

Contributor
diabla

JustinNguyen wrote:

* Comment :

Well I haven't received it yet in the mail but I just got approved for $500 on the store card.  I'm a big Walmart shopper at the ones with groceries, so I plan to use it HEAVILY and PIF every month.  I expect to get big CLIs regularly based on usage.  I've been holding off on some purchases to wait for it to arrive.  If I make it my primary grocery card, I'll be spending at a minimum 400-500 a month, based on what I spend at my local grocery.  

Contributor
JustinNguyen

Awesome. I'll do heavy use on both credit card and PIF every month let see how they raise our credit limit.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Got it at store version with $800 cl.
Got several (prob 10 clis) in two years to $2400 then on the 26th month, I got the upgrade. Limit then raised to $2500,
Then I got it raised to $5k in August, and I just recently got it raised to $10k.
I spend on average over the account age prob $200 to $300 a month. Using many 12 mos 0% offers and the "quick cash" option a few times.
Great card, high interest. Pif!!

Btw, req a cli every four months, monitor your reports too. They won't upgrade or cli if you have high util or negative stuff.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I have the Discover version now btw.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Contributor
JustinNguyen

I want to see if I spent my card 800-900/ month and my wife 500/month and all PIF every month let see how much we get after 4 months :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+