Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart apply in store or online

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Walmart apply in store or online

Hi Everyone

Do you think i will get a bigger credit limit if i apply in the store or it doesnt matter and i should just go ahead and apply online?

thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart apply in store or online

I usually say no but Walmart gets a lot of feedback on apps not verifying out online and being declined and people going into store and then instant approval.

I applied online and had no issues

Dillards is also one, I think if you get approved Amex version in store, it starts at instant $1500 but then gets manual review, When I got it online I was given an instant line that didn't look like it got manual reviewed, started at $2200.

Otherwise I say doens't matter... but be ready for those mutliple choice questions and some don't make exact sense so people say no match but really it was.

Message 2 of 21
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Think it's best to always apply in store.
Message 3 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

i understand for validation reasons its best to go inside the store, but does it make a difference when it comes to who will give a bigger credit limit?

Message 4 of 21
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Yes it does.
Message 5 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:
Yes it does.

so mike, are you saying i will get a bigger credit limit if i go apply in the store?

Message 6 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:
Yes it does.

so mike, are you saying i will get a bigger credit limit if i go apply in the store?

I don't think so with Walmart.

Message 7 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

So there is no difference with Walmart if I go into the store or apply online? Maybe I will wait until Monday to apply online if there are any complications and I can just speak to a rep.
Message 8 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:
So there is no difference with Walmart if I go into the store or apply online? Maybe I will wait until Monday to apply online if there are any complications and I can just speak to a rep.

LOLOL  Smiley LOL

There is a difference. The difference is not with the opening\starting CL.   The difference is being approved at all.  In store, there is not chance of a problem with them being able to verify your identity. Online, that problem becomes a very real possibility and trying to resolve it with a rep over the phone would be a lot like performing your own dental work..... as far as a successful positive outcome is concerned that is.

It's also better to apply in store (for any card) being it somewhat proves  you actually go IN there, the tend to like that lol.  As for the starting CL, first one must worry about being approved at all.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

I am pretty much not to concern with getting approved. I have 720-740 fico scores. I have a clean record and AAoA is 7 years. My only red mark on my credit report is high utilization at 45%. From what I gather, I will be able to be approved for a store card and maybe even the discover. I really just want the card for the fico score, but if I am going to apply, might as well see if I can get the highest limit possible. Therefore that is why I am asking is it better to apply in store or it doesn't matter concerning the limit.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.