Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart approval - online vs in person

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart approval - online vs in person

Got a pre-approved letter a few days after ordering something off wal-mart.com, i'm about 638  from myfico, aplied they gave me the exact same limit as my amazon store card, $900 can't complain. No hard pull unless it was on TU,  Still have 3 collections on my CR and longest credit card is only 3.5 years. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, I bit the bullet. I went to the store and app'd. Got approval @ $300 CL. Was hoping for more, but mostly I got it for the FICO, so it's fine. Will definitely be hitting the luv button every 4 months.

In the store, they actually had me fill it out on a computer @ CS. They have a special computer on a stand for customers. So, probably the exact same results for apping online or in the store. I got a computer print-out that I could take to a checkstand w/ID for purchase. I didn't buy anything, though. I didn't want to get something just to make a purchase. They offer $20 back on first statement if you buy $100 the day you're approved, so it's a good deal if you want to get something there.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Just called a BD # from sticky to see if they'd increase CL so I could take advantage of their 0% interest for 12 mos w/$300+ purchase. No dice. The rep said that they would automatically review the acct in 6 mos for a CLI, but I thought all GEMB accts had the CLI every 4 mos when you hit the luv button. I guess I'll just hit the luv button in March and see what happens. And in the meantime, I'll be getting my monthly TU FICO. Yay!!! Smiley Tongue

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Just called a BD # from sticky to see if they'd increase CL so I could take advantage of their 0% interest for 12 mos w/$300+ purchase. No dice. The rep said that they would automatically review the acct in 6 mos for a CLI, but I thought all GEMB accts had the CLI every 4 mos when you hit the luv button. I guess I'll just hit the luv button in March and see what happens. And in the meantime, I'll be getting my monthly TU FICO. Yay!!! Smiley Tongue

Congrats !!

Message 14 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous, I bit the bullet. I went to the store and app'd. Got approval @ $300 CL. Was hoping for more, but mostly I got it for the FICO, so it's fine. Will definitely be hitting the luv button every 4 months.

@Anonymous the store, they actually had me fill it out on a computer @ CS. They have a special computer on a stand for customers. So, probably the exact same results for apping online or in the store. I got a computer print-out that I could take to a checkstand w/ID for purchase. I didn't buy anything, though. I didn't want to get something just to make a purchase. They offer $20 back on first statement if you buy $100 the day you're approved, so it's a good deal if you want to get something there.

Thats weird. Your scores are better than mine and they gave me $600. Did you have any other GECRB accts before walmart?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I thought it was odd, too. I have Old Navy, which started out @ $200 in March and 2 CLIs later I'm @ $1200. I really expected to get $500 to $600.

Message 16 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous, I thought it was odd, too. I have Old Navy, which started out @ $200 in March and 2 CLIs later I'm @ $1200. I really expected to get $500 to $600.

I would make sure your util % is low (around 15%) and hit the luv button after the 4th statement cuts. You should be golden for a nice CLI. At least now you get your TU FICO freeeeeeeeeeee!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous, I thought it was odd, too. I have Old Navy, which started out @ $200 in March and 2 CLIs later I'm @ $1200. I really expected to get $500 to $600.

I would make sure your util % is low (around 15%) and hit the luv button after the 4th statement cuts. You should be golden for a nice CLI. At least now you get your TU FICO freeeeeeeeeeee!!! Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous! That was really my motivation for getting the card. I don't do much shopping @ Walmart; though that may be changing now that I do have the card and there's a new, ginormous store right near me. I'm *so* looking forward to my monthly FICO! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous! That was really my motivation for getting the card. I don't do much shopping @ Walmart; though that may be changing now that I do have the card and there's a new, ginormous store right near me. I'm *so* looking forward to my monthly FICO! Smiley Very Happy

Do you get your FICO yet?? All you have to do is register online and accept paperless billing. From there your FICO should pop up unless you have a freeze on TU.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, I don't have a CC # yet, so I'm not sure how I can register online. But I'll go check now and see. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.