Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart back door number?

tag
ddiamond
Valued Member

Walmart back door number?

i have had a walmart credit card since june of this year. My credit limit is 300.00. Every time I use the credit limit increase button on the website it denies me a credit limit increase. My scores aren't the best but I think they are decent enough to get a higher CL. My score are currently EQ: 659, TU: 656, EX:708(through USAA website). Does anyone have a backdoor number for them or have any advice as to how I can get a CLI?

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart back door number?

@ddiamond wrote:

i have had a walmart credit card since june of this year. My credit limit is 300.00. Every time I use the credit limit increase button on the website it denies me a credit limit increase. My scores aren't the best but I think they are decent enough to get a higher CL. My score are currently EQ: 659, TU: 656, EX:708(through USAA website). Does anyone have a backdoor number for them or have any advice as to how I can get a CLI?

Try 800-301-5546 or 877-294-7498.

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have gotten a letter in the mail from GEMB after the decline.   Did you get it?

GE Money Bank only gives out CLIs every 4 months.   If you've never ever gotten one they might have a specific reason.   If you got one and it was 4mos ago or sooner, you will not get one no matter what.

Message 3 of 8
tray
Valued Contributor

I say try next month after your 4th statement and try the cli button again and see what happens, because that the last poster stated it is every 4 months although you should have recieved some type of informtion that it was too early for a cli.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 8
Danique
Regular Contributor

ddiamond,

As most have pointed out, you will have to wait until the 4th statement cuts. I have had Walmart cc for 1 yr and started out at 500 CL. They have been a little stingy with the CLI (only giving $100 at a time) but they at least do give them. I have a few GE backed cards and they all tell me the same thing when I ask for a CLI before the 4th statement has cut, that I haven't established a history at the current credit limit.

Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 5 of 8
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I started at a $300 limit when i opened the store card in February 2010 and they automatically increased my limit to $700 after the 4th statement cut off in July. I've hit the credit limit increase button recently but it asks me for annual income so I know it will result in a hard pull so I will just wait for my increase after the next 4 month cutoff.

amazon
Message 6 of 8
mygoal750
Contributor

I have a Sam's Club credit card - don't know if it's the same as the Walmart Card or not.  I can use it at WalMart.  I've had it for at least 3 years, started out at $550 credit limit, then they cut it down to $220 about 18 months ago.  At that time, my balance on it was about $210.  I've never been late, etc.  I haven't had any automatic CLI.  It now has a balance of $15.  this is the first balance I've had on it this year.  I requested a CLI last night, and was denied.  i got the message i would get a letter soon.  It did ask for my annual income, so that will result in a hard pull, right?  i do have a satisfied judgment on my report.  I've applied for discover and capital one credit cards in the past month, those, too, were declined.  Is that satisfied judgment causing all these declines?  I guess I got confident because I got a new (to me) , used car about 6 weeks ago, and the finance guy told me my EX score was 720, with TU and EQ at 702 and 698.  When i got my quarterly update from TU on August 20, it was 720.  my utilization is high (about 60%).  Right after the car loan, I got 3 new store cards with combined CLs of $4,000. The car loan was my first application for new credit in over 4 years.  

My judgment doesn't all off my report until November, 2012.  Should I just wait another 2 years to try for a regular card?  I expect my utilization to be down to 20% in about a year.  any suggestions for a new regular credit card?

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
tray
Valued Contributor

@mygoal750 wrote:

I have a Sam's Club credit card - don't know if it's the same as the Walmart Card or not.  I can use it at WalMart.  I've had it for at least 3 years, started out at $550 credit limit, then they cut it down to $220 about 18 months ago.  At that time, my balance on it was about $210.  I've never been late, etc.  I haven't had any automatic CLI.  It now has a balance of $15.  this is the first balance I've had on it this year.  I requested a CLI last night, and was denied.  i got the message i would get a letter soon.  It did ask for my annual income, so that will result in a hard pull, right?  i do have a satisfied judgment on my report.  I've applied for discover and capital one credit cards in the past month, those, too, were declined.  Is that satisfied judgment causing all these declines?  I guess I got confident because I got a new (to me) , used car about 6 weeks ago, and the finance guy told me my EX score was 720, with TU and EQ at 702 and 698.  When i got my quarterly update from TU on August 20, it was 720.  my utilization is high (about 60%).  Right after the car loan, I got 3 new store cards with combined CLs of $4,000. The car loan was my first application for new credit in over 4 years.  

My judgment doesn't all off my report until November, 2012.  Should I just wait another 2 years to try for a regular card?  I expect my utilization to be down to 20% in about a year.  any suggestions for a new regular credit card?

Thanks

Have you tried any sites that offer pre approvals just to see if you qualify for anything

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.