Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart balance frustrations

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Walmart balance frustrations

Made a payment for $35 on April 3rd.  IT STILL HAS NOT POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT BALANCE OR AVAILABLE CREDIT. REALLY?  Wow.  

I'm never using this card again.  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
InfamousRSX
New Contributor

Re: Walmart balance frustrations

the first months they put a hold on payments

Message 2 of 21
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

it's not about the available credit. it's that the balance doesnt go down automatically or even after 6 days?  i just want it to report 0

Message 3 of 21
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@InfamousRSX wrote:

the first months they put a hold on payments

I don't know about that.

I made my payment yesterday and it posted within a couple of hours and is available for use.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 21
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I made payment on 5th my available credit went up right away but not my balance. Though I haven't checked it yet.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

alot of people have reported this on here. also with the walmart discover. 

i send a payment via bank bill pay, and same day it posts and is avaliable to use. 

ive had my card since july though. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

How did you make your payment? In store, online, banks bill pay? Check the payments tab, you should see your payment pending. When your payment 'clears' the payment will be seen on your account summary section - your posting date should be the same day they received your payment.
For example, I scheduled a payment for Apr 6 through their website, it did not show up on my account summary but I could see it under the payments section as pending. Last night, I checked it again and the payment is now on the account summary section dated Apr 6.

When I say 'clears' they take up 2-3 days for processing- not necessarily your check clearing your bank.

Hope I don't confuse you.
Message 7 of 21
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

would paying cash in store be quicker?
Message 8 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No, it still will take 2-3 days to process but your payment will post the day you made it. I had this issue with JCP on my first payment- I noticed the receipt indicated payments will take 2-3 days to post. I did call and confirmed that paying in the store or online didn't change the 2-3 processing period but that the any net will post correctly.
Message 9 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

Another thing to be careful of is when paying from walmart/ge site, ity like to default your payment date to your due date and if you do not catch that, it will hold til your due date before making the payment/withdraw

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.