Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart card: Joint Account and benefits

tag
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Walmart card: Joint Account and benefits

Hi all,

So my fiancé is in need of some new credit as we are working towards cleaning up her reports. She has a 589 myfico 646 experian fako and 589 CK fako. She has 4 charge offs from 2008-09 an old repo that allegedly is being deleted or at least shown as Pif very soon. She's au on two of my high limit cards and has her own cap1 with $300 limit and about $30 on it.
I'm hoping she could get her own walmart card (fico benefit plus we shop there) or maybe nfl card. However, I'm wondering if I did joint app for walmart, would we both get fico scores and would she benefit from tagging along with my good credit (meaning higher limit from Walmart)? Would a joint card reflect differently on her credit (positive or negative) than a card that was just hers? I suppose this question is true with any card - just happen to be interested in walmart as they appear to be helpful to those rebuilding.

Thanks and if you have experience with either card feel free to chime in!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart card: Joint Account and benefits

@Unoriginalnj wrote:
Hi all,

So my fiancé is in need of some new credit as we are working towards cleaning up her reports. She has a 589 myfico 646 experian fako and 589 CK fako. She has 4 charge offs from 2008-09 an old repo that allegedly is being deleted or at least shown as Pif very soon. She's au on two of my high limit cards and has her own cap1 with $300 limit and about $30 on it.
I'm hoping she could get her own walmart card (fico benefit plus we shop there) or maybe nfl card. However, I'm wondering if I did joint app for walmart, would we both get fico scores and would she benefit from tagging along with my good credit (meaning higher limit from Walmart)? Would a joint card reflect differently on her credit (positive or negative) than a card that was just hers? I suppose this question is true with any card - just happen to be interested in walmart as they appear to be helpful to those rebuilding.

Thanks and if you have experience with either card feel free to chime in!!

showing as PIF will not help your score.  having it deleted will help.  She should try PFD (pay for delete).  I can't comment on joint walmart account (i didn't it was even possible) and whether you will have access to both of your scores.  

As far as positive/negative impact of joint vs. individual accounts, I do not believe it will have any impact either way everything else being equal (same CL).

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 3
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart card: Joint Account and benefits

To my knowledge, there's no joint app. You can put her as au, but only you wil get the fico score.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.