Contributor
Croselx

Walmart card arrived & FICO

Walmart card arrived today and I quickly registered to verify FICO score, results: 706. I recently did 4 inquiries (2 approved with possible third one due to recon), only 1 has reported (walmart). I have 1 30 day late from 04/11 which I will try to GW in hopes of increasing score.

Quick question about HD, are they stubborn to approve a new line once it has been denied firsthand and can they approve over the phone? The reason they told me was that I didn't had sufficient credit history which is odd because my AAoA at time of applying was 2.5 yrs (not a lot, but my sister got approved in the first year she had credit). I called and asked for a $1K CL (current highest is Sears $2.5K CL, then WMD at $1K) and they told me that approved or not, they couldn't tell me over the phone and I would have to wait 5-7 business days.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: Walmart card arrived & FICO

Congrats on the card

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+