Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart card closed

tag
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Walmart card closed

After a job change my card was closed. After paying balance in full what might be my chances of obtaining another card?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
HikingFICOMountain
New Contributor

Re: Walmart card closed

Why did a job change cause your card to close? Did you have a Walmart employee credit card?

~Four steps to achievement: Plan purposefully. Prepare prayerfully. Proceed positively. Pursue persistently~
Message 2 of 10
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Was without a check for a few months, catching up on paying all my bills. The balane is only $300.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you can't for some reason, your best bet is to just actually call Walmart and explain the situation to see what they say.

Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Carloscda40 wrote:

Was without a check for a few months, catching up on paying all my bills. The balane is only $300.

I would advice that you call all of your creditors that you're "catching up" to and assure them that they are gonna get paid. Maybe that will keep the repo man away.  Immediately after you get caught up, start sending GW letters explaining the situation, and maybe they will adjust your account reporting as a gesture of goodwill towards you as a customer so that the lates aren't reporting.  Keep in mind that this may not be affective if you have a lot of subprime lenders and / or you've been routinely late on bills.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 10
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Carloscda40 wrote:

After a job change my card was closed. After paying balance in full what might be my chances of obtaining another card?

Did you work for walmart? Were you late on your card?
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OP they closed the account? Why?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like without saying it the payments did not get made while without check and now clean up... GE reps seem to have very little power but it might be worth a phone call in and ask for underwriting and see if you get a good one that "can" over ride computer but don't be surprised if no, then do what other poster said, get got up and then send those GW letters.

Congrats on gettin work and catching up!

Message 8 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Sounds like without saying it the payments did not get made while without check and now clean up... GE reps seem to have very little power but it might be worth a phone call in and ask for underwriting and see if you get a good one that "can" over ride computer but don't be surprised if no, then do what other poster said, get got up and then send those GW letters.

Congrats on gettin work and catching up!

+1  Agree,  congrats on finding work again and on your journey on getting caught up.  At least you aren't like some people who just walk away and say, screw it, its already ruined, what's the use of trying anyways, they're all out to get the "little man"

Ever wondered who this "little man" actually is?  little man = someone who buries their head in the sand and refuses to deal with conflict caused by their failure to pay their bills.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 10
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

No I do nor did I work for Walmart.

Yes the card was closed because I fell behind on the payments. I called today and was transfered over to the "colloectors" on the account.

The rep gave me 2 choices, 1 to pay a settlement of $200 or pay the full balance which is $300. I asked if to pay the settlement would that asure another card she could not give me an answer. The rep did say that with a payment schedule the account would be switched back to customer service.I'll have to call them and see from there.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.