Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart card helpful information

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart card helpful information

Thanks for posting about this feature. I've never paid attention to it as I never considered getting cash from a credit card. I automatically thought of it as a cash advance with high interest and fees. It's good to know the feature is there if I ever need it.

And I just looked at one of my online statements. The amount there is correct.

More than enough credit.
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NichelleN wrote:

Thanks for posting about this feature. I've never paid attention to it as I never considered getting cash from a credit card. I automatically thought of it as a cash advance with high interest and fees. It's good to know the feature is there if I ever need it.

And I just looked at one of my online statements. The amount there is correct.

Nichelle, you are very welcome. I am happy to help anytime. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 24
smoop88
Regular Contributor

OP I have a quick question because something seems off about my sams now that you mention it. My Walmart is at 5000 cash limit 1000. However, when my limit with sams went from 637 to 6000 the limit still remained the same at 200. I called for an unrelated matter once and I was told that your cash limit is up to 20% but not guareenteed to be 20%.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smoop88 wrote:

OP I have a quick question because something seems off about my sams now that you mention it. My Walmart is at 5000 cash limit 1000. However, when my limit with sams went from 637 to 6000 the limit still remained the same at 200. I called for an unrelated matter once and I was told that your cash limit is up to 20% but not guareenteed to be 20%.

Hi smoop,

Customer Service stated that the cash over line for the Walmart card and Sam's card is normally 20% of the credit limit; however, they have been reports of people on the board who for one reason or another have not seen their cash over limit increase.

Here is what I am guessing (and this is only a guess) happens at times: We call Credit Solutions for a CLI, and it is granted. Credit Solutions does not have a system which can recognize or even see what the cash over limit is, which Credit Solutions has confirmed for me. Therefore, the cash over limit sometimes automatically reverts to the base level ($200) after a CLI conducted via Credit Solutions.

My Walmart card is a store card so I don't believe it is necessarily an issue of store cards vs. major credit cards being any different. Customer Service did confirm that the cash over limit is normally to be 20% of CL and the CS rep fixed it for me.

Call the Customer Service number on the back of your card and let them know of your issue. Don't call Credit Solutions. Let them know you are aware that the cash over limit should generally be at 20% of CL, and would they please help you to get it corrected. No guarantees of a result, but it is certainly worth a try.

Another possibility is that there may be some profiles in which they "hold back" on increasing the cash over limit until you have a bit more history with them. This is not the case with my card, but it may be the case with yours if your Sam's limit started at $637 and was only recently increased. A $637 limit is most likely a marginal approval, so they may wish to see more history with the card in your situation.

Give them a call, but also be prepared to give it some time and history with the card as well. You can certainly inquire again about this in six months if Customer Service will not raise it at this time.

I hope this information is helpful. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.