Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart card?

tag
Mellykca
New Contributor

Walmart card?

I have really been considering pulling the trigger and applying for a Walmart card... but I am nervous about a denial and a wasted inq. What do you guys think? Do I have a shot? 

I hear they pull TU and that is currently 637 (it is my highest) 

I have 1 secured WF card with 600 limit 

I have 3 Comenity store cards   

My utilization is 6%

The bad: 

I have 1 inq 

1 co from some cell phone company in 2009 

Defaulted student loan in 2010 which has been paid   

Think I have a shot? If not, is there anything I do have a shot with that preferably pulls TU?  

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart card?

How much is the c/o for? I'd say you would get approved. Maybe with a smaller line. GE is great on CLI's so within 4 months you can request an increase. I think they are offering $25 off a $75 purchase the day you are approved. 

Message 2 of 24
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

I did a quick search and saw someone with a 622 get approved. They had several major derogatories. I'd say you are definitely good to go. Post back after being approved! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 24
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

I think you have a great shot at getting it.. Maybe not the Discover version but the store card and then you can garden til you get the upgrade or keep the store version.. I myself when i applied originally was hoping for the store card version because i dont use the card anywhere else besides at Walmart so the store version would have been fine by me but they approved me for the Discover mehh rewards are Meh on this card i dont like it would not recommend anyone try either..
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

I have really been considering pulling the trigger and applying for a Walmart card... but I am nervous about a denial and a wasted inq. What do you guys think? Do I have a shot? 

My utilization is 6%

The bad: 

I have 1 inq 

Think I have a shot? If not, is there anything I do have a shot with that preferably pulls TU?  

Great shot and worth the hp to try!

Message 5 of 24
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

My utilization is 6%

The bad: 

I have 1 inq 

Walmart is GECRB. There have been a good number of people with scores lower than yours that have been approved, so you have a very good shot at the store card.

The walmart card also gives a free TU FICO once a month. A handy thing if you are building or monitoring your credit. Smiley Happy

Good luck. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep! Go for it!! Card has huge growth potential plus free monthly TU Fico!
Message 7 of 24
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

My utilization is 6%

The bad: 

I have 1 inq 

You might not get a huge starting limit,  but I think you'll likely get approved. Your file looks roughly similar to mine when I was approved in Dec.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 8 of 24
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Yes it does... had mine for 5 months... PIF and am waiting for auto CLI and/or a Discover upgrade.

Message 9 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Yes it does... had mine for 5 months... PIF and am waiting for auto CLI and/or a Discover upgrade.

you should request for CLI every 4 months with GE cards!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.