Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart cash advance limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart cash advance limit?

so...funny thing...this thread prompted me to go to the Chat with an Agent feature on my account.  The agent I spoke to said that the available cash is "supposed to be" 20% of your current credit limit.  After I had her check and see that $100 is definitely NOT %20 of $3,500, she said since the CLI was just granted on 2/26, the system has not updated the available cash although the CL was correctly reporting.  She said they adjust at different times, BUT I'm not so sure with all the replies I've been seeing here with available cash remaining at 20% of the original CL.

It is definitely a convenient feature and I don't see myself ever needing $700 at the register, it would just be nice if it was one of those things that made sense and was adjusted with CLIs.

Message 21 of 29
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so...funny thing...this thread prompted me to go to the Chat with an Agent feature on my account.  The agent I spoke to said that the available cash is "supposed to be" 20% of your current credit limit.  After I had her check and see that $100 is definitely NOT %20 of $3,500, she said since the CLI was just granted on 2/26, the system has not updated the available cash although the CL was correctly reporting.  She said they adjust at different times, BUT I'm not so sure with all the replies I've been seeing here with available cash remaining at 20% of the original CL.

It is definitely a convenient feature and I don't see myself ever needing $700 at the register, it would just be nice if it was one of those things that made sense and was adjusted with CLIs.

Mines sitting at $100 and I have a $3900 credit limit from them. It would be nice if it were $780 but it doesnt really matter as the most I have ever used is $40. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 22 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm at $6000 limit, $1200 cash limit. 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is walmarts Apr on cash advances usually?
Message 24 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What is walmarts Apr on cash advances usually?

It's not a true cash advance. It's like cash back with a debit card - Only available at walmart/Sam's Club stores. 

Apr is the same as a purchase APR, and it's treated as a purchase. No interest if paid in full by the due date. 

Message 25 of 29
imovinup
Regular Contributor

My cash advance limit is 200. I was told 200 is the maximum regarless of the 20% rule of thumb. My limit is 2500. Its a new limit for me but i called it to request it only because i was curious of my new cash advance limit and asked her for the highest. I havent tried to do a 200 withdraw yet and doubt i will .

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 26 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@imovinup wrote:

My cash advance limit is 200. I was told 200 is the maximum regarless of the 20% rule of thumb. My limit is 2500. Its a new limit for me but i called it to request it only because i was curious of my new cash advance limit and asked her for the highest. I havent tried to do a 200 withdraw yet and doubt i will .

Regardless of your limit, (if i remember correctly) there is a limit of how much you can take out per day. I think it was $60/day with the store card, and $120 a day with the mastercard (at the time it was discover though, this may have changed) 

Message 27 of 29
Ford725
Established Contributor

Just checked mine, it's $80 bucks. My limit just got raised last month to $3,500. 

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 28 of 29
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

CaptureSAM.JPG

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.