Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart charging a LATE FEE?

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart charging a LATE FEE?

@ncogngro wrote:

This is what usually happens.  If you make your on the due date, it will post the late fee because your payment is still pending.  However, once the payment posts, the late fee will disappear.  If it doesn't, which it should, call them.

To the OP, they will also remove the late fee and interest charge (if you ask) as a courtesy especially if it's your first time being late.

Message 11 of 16
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@ncogngro wrote:

This is what usually happens.  If you make your on the due date, it will post the late fee because your payment is still pending.  However, once the payment posts, the late fee will disappear.  If it doesn't, which it should, call them.

To the OP, they will also remove the late fee and interest charge (if you ask) as a courtesy especially if it's your first time being late.

Actually it was NOT late. I paid on the due date, but it gave me a late fee on the same day. Due date was the 21st and I paid on the 21st around 2pm MST.

Dad's Info: FICO 8 Experian: 627, Credit Karma-Transunion 651; Equifax 656
Capital One QS: $376/$500
Discover IT: $111/$1,250
HSN: $509/$2,000
US Bank: $386/$500
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has the card and it aways works itself out and reverses. I wouldnt worry. If it doesnt I would call but it shouldnt be a problem
The wifes does the same thing.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably paid after the cutoff time for your payment to post the same day.
Message 14 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@TimeLBK wrote:

I had a Walmart payment due yesterday on the 21st and paid it online. Well, this morning, I look on their site and it shows this...

11/21/2014  11/21/2014  LATE FEE $25.00

11/21/2014  PENDING PAYMENT - THANK YOU GA ATLANTA ***$33.00CR

This ticks me off, since I have NO late payment period with anybody. Payment due date probably means they will charge you if payment is not received BEFORE that date.

Smiley Mad

i guess you never read the disclamer below that said if you occur late fee on the date of your payment it will be automatically reversed since it take a couple of days to actually post to your account. ooh well. Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 16
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You probably paid after the cutoff time for your payment to post the same day.

No, their cut-off time is 11:59pm EST.  I paid around 2pm MST, which equates to 4pm EST.

Dad's Info: FICO 8 Experian: 627, Credit Karma-Transunion 651; Equifax 656
Capital One QS: $376/$500
Discover IT: $111/$1,250
HSN: $509/$2,000
US Bank: $386/$500
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.