Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart discover cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart discover cli

so a couple of days ago i called the number for walmart and tried to get a cli but was denied. my balance on my card is kind of high being that i just purchased a macbook pro, and when making my payments i pay just a little more than the amount thats due so maybe thats why i was denied a cli.

something weird happed earlier today when i logged in my account. i seen a total credit limit of 5900$. my credit limit before was 4500$.  thats a cli of 1400$, what i dont understand is how i was initially denied for a cli but given one anyway. is it normal for GE to give large cli's?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MagicShot
Contributor

Re: Walmart discover cli

That is not a very high CLI for walmart discover mine went form 3500 to 5800 and I have see GE Capital jump from 3500 to 10K before too so it depends your credit profile and history with them and their criteria for approvals. my Amazon card was recently denied a cli and was given a 1500 cli so they do manually review clis also.

Message 2 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so a couple of days ago i called the number for walmart and tried to get a cli but was denied. my balance on my card is kind of high being that i just purchased a macbook pro, and when making my payments i pay just a little more than the amount thats due so maybe thats why i was denied a cli.

something weird happed earlier today when i logged in my account. i seen a total credit limit of 5900$. my credit limit before was 4500$.  thats a cli of 1400$, what i dont understand is how i was initially denied for a cli but given one anyway. is it normal for GE to give large cli's?

Congrats on the CLI! Yes, GE can give generous CLIs. I wonder if maybe the auto-CLI had posted before you called in to request it, and you didn't realize it.

When I got my WM CC, they gave me a tiny CL of $300, so I called frequently asking for a CLI, which they always denied. Then after having the CC about 3 mos, they auto-CLIs to $1k (shortly after I had been denied). So, their system is a little strange.

They might have auto-CLId you after you made the macbook purchase. In any case, awesome CL! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 11
MagicShot
Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI! Yes, GE can give generous CLIs. I wonder if maybe the auto-CLI had posted before you called in to request it, and you didn't realize it.

When I got my WM CC, they gave me a tiny CL of $300, so I called frequently asking for a CLI, which they always denied. Then after having the CC about 3 mos, they auto-CLIs to $1k (shortly after I had been denied). So, their system is a little strange.

They might have auto-CLId you after you made the macbook purchase. In any case, awesome CL! Smiley Happy

What he said! It is a bit strange! But yeah Congrats on the CLI! always good to see your limits grow with you! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's a great CLI!!

I recently got a CLI on Wmt Discvr from of $2,500.. Went from $2.5k to $5k. However, I called the backdoor number ;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 11
bobomb01
Established Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's a great CLI!!

I recently got a CLI on Wmt Discvr from of $2,500.. Went from $2.5k to $5k. However, I called the backdoor number ;-)

Was it a HP or SP?

I just got my Walmart Discover... Curious how the CLI works.

FICO: 754, (Walmart TU, 9/4/13)
Wallet: AMEX Gold, and cash.
Chase Freedom (5000), Capital One Venture1 (4750), CU Visa (5000), Discover More (5500), Walmart Discover (7500), Barclays Visa (2000)

Message 6 of 11
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Can you guys post more details like months account was opened at cli and how heavy was the usage? I want a cli Smiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

this was the most geneous cli i have gotten from them! i initally had opened a walmart card in 07  that had a credit limit of 100$!!! i decided to hit the luv button and got an increase to 600$. but early last yr i upgraded to the discover card & every time i call for a cli my requests are denied.  but  you may be right, the cli could have been posted before i even knew about it. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i opened my account in 2007 but back then my credit was not very good being that i had a few 30-day lates on my credit report.  so my initial credit limit was only a 100$. i think sometime last yr is when i asked for a cli and was approved for 600$.  early  2012 i upgraded to the walmart discover card with a credit limit of 3500$, i got a 500 cli a few months later.

i do use my card alot, i have 3 credit cards but i only use my walmart one!!!!  but since i have purchased my macbook pro i do not use my card very much if at all anymore.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

im curious, does the backdoor numer always work for large cli's? normally i apply on the phone and my requests are always denied. the other day i called & asked for a 600$ cli but was denied. But i will take the cli they gave me, afterall anything is better than nothing at all!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.