Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart is retard

tag
cabronsaim
Contributor

Walmart is retard

So, a few weeks ago i apped for the walmart CC, I was in Tijuana at the time, at my mothers house. Since I had never experienced any problems going to secure sites while out of the US, I didnt even think about that being an issue. However, I was declined.

A coupe of weeks ago when the letter came in it gave me the "high risk source of application" message. I checked my credit report and there was nothing. So I was like, FINE, It didnt like me being out of the US.... Acceptable reason... right?

BUT,  a few days later, I happen to be at Walmart for an errand and I was like.. mmmmm. And then applied. Instant declined. WTH???

I just received their letter : Not enough time from previous inquiry. AND this time they checked my Credit Report and dinged it. isnt this retarded? The last time they didnt even run my credit, how is that considered an valid application? This time they didnt think I should apply, yet they ran the Credit report?????

Im starting to think I never should have even tried going with this crappy company.

3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart is retard

@cabronsaim wrote:
So, a few weeks ago i apped for the walmart CC, I was in Tijuana at the time, at my mothers house. Since I had never experienced any problems going to secure sites while out of the US, I didnt even think about that being an issue. However, I was declined. A coupe of weeks ago when the letter came in it gave me the "high risk source of application" message. I checked my credit report and there was nothing. So I was like, FINE, It didnt like me being out of the US.... Acceptable reason... right? A few days later, I happen to be at Walmart for an errand and I was like.. mmmmm. And then applied. Instant declined. WTH??? I just received their letter : Not enough time from previous inquiry. AND this time they checked my Credit Report and dinged it. isnt this retarded? The last time they didnt even run my credit, how is that considered an valid application? This time they didnt think I should apply, yet they ran the Credit report????? Im starting to think I never should have even tried going with this crappy company..

You're a good candidate for the backdoor number.  Call them to explain. 

Message 2 of 26
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cabronsaim wrote:
So, a few weeks ago i apped for the walmart CC, I was in Tijuana at the time, at my mothers house. Since I had never experienced any problems going to secure sites while out of the US, I didnt even think about that being an issue. However, I was declined. A coupe of weeks ago when the letter came in it gave me the "high risk source of application" message. I checked my credit report and there was nothing. So I was like, FINE, It didnt like me being out of the US.... Acceptable reason... right? A few days later, I happen to be at Walmart for an errand and I was like.. mmmmm. And then applied. Instant declined. WTH??? I just received their letter : Not enough time from previous inquiry. AND this time they checked my Credit Report and dinged it. isnt this retarded? The last time they didnt even run my credit, how is that considered an valid application? This time they didnt think I should apply, yet they ran the Credit report????? Im starting to think I never should have even tried going with this crappy company..

You're a good candidate for the backdoor number.  Call them to explain. 

+1 - give them a call and explain what happened. They just might give you a break on this.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 26
cabronsaim
Contributor

Really??

i mean I called them last time when they declined the second ntime, before receiving the letter. And they were Absolutely NO HELP.

Didnt even want to bother try and figure anything out. Plus I would probably go gun crazy If they ran my CR again just for calling their back door number...

Message 4 of 26
RyVision
Valued Contributor

IF it hasn't been too long, you should call.  Explain and if need be ask for a supervisor. Explain why you rather not be punished with yet another hard pull on your CR as  you're obviously a good customer (shopping there both in and out of the US) and politely ask if they could help you with the situation by reconsidering "see if there's something they could do" or if they had some advice (people are a lot more helpful if  you ask for help rather than demand in some situations, this is one of those).

I've underlined the key word\phrase to use to possibly make headway. You can often tell by the person's voice if you have the type person you need Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 26
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@cabronsaim wrote:

Really??

i mean I called them last time when they declined the second ntime, before receiving the letter. And they were Absolutely NO HELP.

Didnt even want to bother try and figure anything out. Plus I would probably go gun crazy If they ran my CR again just for calling their back door number...

Two things i dont usually say; my daughter would seriously not like you using the term retard, and I as someone who legally carries gun really dont like someone saying they would go gun crazy because sadly people do all the time over the smallest of reasons.
Message 6 of 26
cabronsaim
Contributor

Its a figure of speech.

You are taking things too seriously.

Go to the range and chill out....

Message 7 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

OT but relevant.

I used my RBFCU card one too many times in New York and the did a security freeze on my account.  I was embarrassed but thankful they were watching my back.

Kudos to the Walmart software that decided to flag an IP address for outside the country and to flag your request again as suspect.  I am sure after a telephone recon or better yet going to the store you will get what you want.

Ironic to tag Mexico in light of Walmart's Mexican bribe scandal in the news.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 26
cabronsaim
Contributor

Actually thats how I initially felt, altough I wasnt very happy to be declined, i felt it was reasonable for them to flag people out of the US.

What happened afterwards was the problem.

Message 9 of 26
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@cabronsaim wrote:

Its a figure of speech.

You are taking things too seriously.

Go to the range and chill out....

Yeah...here's the thing...WORDS MATTER, especially in this day and age. No one knows whether or not to take something like that seriously or not, so by default they usually do.

You might want to choose your words a little more carefully in the future.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.