Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart is retard

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart is retard

Maybe this will clear the smoke caused by the unintentional fire.

Both are correct. It was originally a word meaning to slow\delay, adapted to eventually with "ate" and later "ed" at the end with all 3 meanings also becoming a slang and, sadly, a diagnoses, when proceeded by the the word "mentally".  Transitioning into slang.

It's usually considered most derogatory when used in reference to a person, less so in degree in it's use\context.  Emphasis on the first syllable is highly derogatory and E verses e pronunciation also makes a difference when spoken depending on the "e" sound. 

Maybe it's good this came up in an unintentional way ....   This way, anyone who's read this thread will be more inclined to consider the possible perspectives of others.  Which is very easy for all of us to forget when we aren't close to the subject matter.

Signed; Switzerland  Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 21 of 26
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Do you really believe that neutrality and reason will prevail here???  Smiley Tongue 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 22 of 26
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

Do you really believe that neutrality and reason will prevail here???  Smiley Tongue 

I do for those that have it within themselves to actually aspire to the higher scores they seek by being here Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 23 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@RyVision wrote:

Maybe this will clear the smoke caused by the unintentional fire.

Both are correct. It was originally a word meaning to slow\delay, adapted to eventually with "ate" and later "ed" at the end with all 3 meanings also becoming a slang and, sadly, a diagnoses, when proceeded by the the word "mentally".  Transitioning into slang.

It's usually considered most derogatory when used in reference to a person, less so in degree in it's use\context.  Emphasis on the first syllable is highly derogatory and E verses e pronunciation also makes a difference when spoken depending on the "e" sound. 

Maybe it's good this came up in an unintentional way ....   This way, anyone who's read this thread will be more inclined to consider the possible perspectives of others.  Which is very easy for all of us to forget when we aren't close to the subject matter.

I agree with "Switzerland" on this. I don't think that the OP meant any harm. OTOH, what seems like a harmless word choice to one can be inflammatory to another. At this point in the thread can we all try to see past the language and discuss the intent of the thread? Please?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 24 of 26
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Screw that...I joined myFICO to discuss hot politically incorrect topics

Message 25 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I believe this thread has run it's course.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.