Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart mastercard requirements?

tag
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Walmart mastercard requirements?

Has anyone applied for the card since it changed to the mastercard network?  What were your scores and the result?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart mastercard requirements?

My experience, you can't really just apply for one or the other. I have the Walmart and when I brought that to their attention, I was told to just apply. All that did was confuse the system and I was turned down for the Walmart card. What?

I am calling back now. Ill post with what I find out.  

Message 2 of 5
virgo
Established Contributor

Boy, it's scary how little people know about how credit works.

Just got off the phone with Credit Solutions. She told me,, quote, 'Transunion didn't approve me'.  I didn't bother getting into it with her.

Message 3 of 5
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

+1 to what Virgo stated. When I applied to Walmart, I was approved for the store card. My scores (see sig) where probably too low for the MC but I didn't get any feedback on it.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You basically apply for the walmart mastercard, and if they can't approve you...your application is then submitted for the walmart store card...and then if they can't approve you for that, you get declined. 

If you start with a store card, you can get upgraded to the mastercard version (i got upgraded to discover after...2 years? maybe 1.5, not sure, and now it's a mastercard, though I haven't gotten it yet) 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.