cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart or Merrick? Which would you go for?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart or Merrick? Which would you go for?

Wal-Mart is pretty much 0% APR. Every register has this barcode if your recipt is over $150 (and nice CLI's and CC fuel discount)

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Wal-Mart is pretty much 0% APR. Every register has this barcode if your recipt is over $150 (and nice CLI's and CC fuel discount)

Now that's good to know. I believe they sell name- brand tires with warranty. I could pay off a set of tires with no interest.

Message 22 of 31
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

Now that's good to know. I believe they sell name- brand tires with warranty. I could pay off a set of tires with no interest.

you can pay off groceries with no interest while your money is making more elsewhere.

Message 23 of 31
sccredit
Valued Contributor

My vote would be Wal Mart.  I had the Merrick card back when I was rebuilding and it gre very very slowly.  Once I hit prime territory and apped for a few prime cards Merrick sent me a letter threatening to close my card if I kept it up.  Needless to say I called and cancelled them.  WalMart will grow well beyond what Merrick ever will.

Message 24 of 31
elim
Senior Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

My vote would be Wal Mart.  I had the Merrick card back when I was rebuilding and it gre very very slowly.  Once I hit prime territory and apped for a few prime cards Merrick sent me a letter threatening to close my card if I kept it up.  Needless to say I called and cancelled them.  WalMart will grow well beyond what Merrick ever will.

i wish prime lenders would send a warning before shutting us down, lol.

Message 25 of 31
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would not go with either one, but if you had to choose I would personally go with the walmart card.  I love walmart.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I will toss the Merrick offer in the shredder and go with Walmart. Thanks everyone. This forum is the greatest.

Message 27 of 31
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

If I were you, I would try the SCT with Walmart, I have been hearing people have some success with that lately.  I LUV my walmart card and it is one of those cards that will grow quite nicely with you!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

If I were you, I would try the SCT with Walmart, I have been hearing people have some success with that lately.  I LUV my walmart card and it is one of those cards that will grow quite nicely with you!

Walmart is always an HP, dude. No getting around it.

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

Walmart is always an HP, dude. No getting around it.

When did Walmart start SCT?  I don't think that exists.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.