Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart payment posted, but $ wont release until 22nd

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart payment posted, but $ wont release until 22nd

I would call and talk to another CSR, either get the hold removed, or ask to talk to an underwriter, and request a CLI because you want to make black friday purchases and they aren't making your existing credit line availible, i have a 3 month old Sam's Club credit account backed by GE, and it just cleared a $419 payment the next day, more than 50% of my total CL, after it posted. The payment allready shows in my availible credit, and it hasn't even come out of my bank account yet, which they are slow to do, sometimes it takes  5-7 days for the money to come out of my checking account. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 22
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@S7 wrote:

So because I didn't know that if I paid the bill at the store it would process right then and there, (according to the CSR when I called) though I have paid my bill and it "posted" on the 14th, bc it is a new account for the first 6 mths they hold payments made online or over the phone for 7-14 days. I won't be able to use the card again for much of anything until the 22nd. I was like, well thanks for that, if it isn't ready to go by then I guess I wont be doing any Black Friday or Christmas shopping at WallyWorld!!! 

Grrr

That is so weird. I keep hearing this about GE but I always have it available the next day after payment. I have had the walmart discover only a couple of months and both payments I have made did not get held. I have had their Amazon store card about 18 months though. Maybe the system takes that into consideration?

I just noticed this as well. My payments for Sams and TJMaxx are in pending. I used to put the payment in yet he day before payday and it would usually hit the day off or after payday. I'm still waiwaiting I wonder what's going on. I guess some of the payments have bounced

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 12 of 22
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

That sucks. Hell, Cap1 doesn't even hold this long. I would keep calling them. Maybe you can ask them to do a 3-way call with your bank so they can verify the funds have cleared? You have a few days.

Yes....Cap1 is very quick. I like that. I usually put most of my payments through my bank but when I use heir site, they're good 

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 13 of 22
S7
Established Contributor

Tried the online chat with a rep. My rep was named Matthew. I said i would like my limit to either be released or increases. He said he was sorry but that i would have to call for that, and is there anything else he could help me with today.

I said, yes, you can explain to me why a payment made on the 14th wasnt posted until the 16th and i must wait 7-14 days.

He said may he take 1-2 minutes to research please.

SURE, i said.

lol,

He comes back and gives me the reasons why, blah blah, new account, yada yada, but then says, i was able to successfully remove the hold, Your available credit will be updated immediately.

WHEW!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 14 of 22
LesWH
Established Contributor

@S7 wrote:

Tried the online chat with a rep. My rep was named Matthew. I said i would like my limit to either be released or increases. He said he was sorry but that i would have to call for that, and is there anything else he could help me with today.

I said, yes, you can explain to me why a payment made on the 14th wasnt posted until the 16th and i must wait 7-14 days.

He said may he take 1-2 minutes to research please.

SURE, i said.

lol,

He comes back and gives me the reasons why, blah blah, new account, yada yada, but then says, i was able to successfully remove the hold, Your available credit will be updated immediately.

WHEW!

Thank Goodness for small favors!! Glad to hear that was resolved!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 15 of 22
S7
Established Contributor

Exactly!! In my case, it was more like a MIRACLE!! LOL!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 16 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

My walmart card does this as well. I paid in full my amazon and walmart card last Friday. Both accounts showed pending and then all my credit limit was released with amazon but now walmart. They are showing the payment as posted today but I still only have 611.00 available and not the whole 1000.00 like it should be. My sams discover posts fast too....it seems like just a walmart thing....ugh!  Cat Frustrated

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 17 of 22
LesWH
Established Contributor

I went on Walmart's site earlier today and paid my bill in full, $255.58.  I just signed in and they have it as pending, but they have already released that amount back into my available credit.  I have only had this account since 9/2012, so I'm not sure why they hold payments for some people.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 18 of 22
bryguy29
New Visitor

Yes, same here, they used to not hold the payment back in my available credit until I started to pay the amount off on the card posted the next few days afterward. They seem to like the idea of paying the account off after a large balance has posted. I have had this account for about 7 months now with a very meager credit increase of $100.00, even though this account gets paid off every single month and is in good standing with no payments returned. GE is very strange indeed!!

Message 19 of 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They held my payments for the first few times, but now, they don't hold it anymore.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.