cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart preapproved offer

tag
Anewvogue

Walmart preapproved offer

I just got an offer in the mail from walmart saying i was preapproved, is this a hard pull? Or is it soft like Comenity cards? Debating whether or not its worth taking.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart preapproved offer

for how much? Take it- free TU score) Some reported 20k limits)

BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anewvogue wrote:

I just got an offer in the mail from walmart saying i was preapproved, is this a hard pull? Or is it soft like Comenity cards? Debating whether or not its worth taking.

It will be a hardpull and you can still get declined.  It will all depend on how solid your credit profile is to get the limits suggested by @Orestus.

Message 3 of 8
Anewvogue

the offer doesnt say and i logged on and did the special offer trick i saw in another post and it popped up a preapproval again but says credit limit: *blank*

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea hard pull , i get walmart card this month with a $900 sl and just one credit card in my history , amazon in december approved and  650 score , maybe you can get approved.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard pull. Got Wal Mart as my 2nd credit card via a preapproved app in the mail . $600 limit to start. Go for it. It will grow and you can get cli's every 4 months.Got the card in June and as of this week have a $3000 limit. Was raised to $1050 in dec.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say go for it if you can use the card... With the pre-approval you can still be declined but it is much less likely. They softed your score to offer you a pre-approval so your score is inline with what they accept. Score isnt everything though, hence the HP if you apply.
I got a WM store card 4/14 and it started at 1100 - auto cli to 1300 2 months later - a few months ago I called in and got a SP cli to 3K.
It grows for you and the free TU Fico. I have not had any problems with it. I do not use it much anymore but I plan to start if this WM they are building a few blocks from my house has gas pumps (Discount on WM and sams gas).
BTW, I PIF and I get stements cut every month from them (some people say you will not get a statement if you PIF, I firmly disaggree with this)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the worst card in the world if you shop at Wal-Mart a lot or have one near you (who am I kidding, they're everywhere!)

The Free Fico is a nice perk.  And it could upgrade to a Wal-Mart Mastercard later down the road. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.