Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart reporting odity

tag
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Walmart reporting odity

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that their Wal-Mart cards seem to update to the CB around the first of the month, and also on the statement date?  It is killing me with keeping my util down.  But atleast I know now, so I can be prepared.  Just wondering if I am the only one this is happening to?

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart reporting odity

I haven't noticed this on my Walmart card. Odd...

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 6
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

This is the second month in a row that it has happened, I was assuming that they are updating it when the do the pull to get the FICO score, but there would be no need to updated EX and EQ to get the TU FICO but why not do it all at the same time?  Anyways I am just at a loss as to why it is happening, and everytime it reports a balance my score drops 10 points!

Message 3 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Yep...incentive to keep the balance in this account as low as practical. *shrug*

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 6
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

And now they have reported 3 times in less than 2 weeks!!!

Message 5 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I noticed it with my Walmart Discover and Paypal MC; those were the only two I had a balance on from GECRB. I paid Wmt in full tho.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.