Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart reporting

tag
meesh6036
Contributor

Walmart reporting

When does Walmart report for everyone? I have searched and got different answers. I assumed it was statement date (just like I did with USBank), and it reported when I happened to have my highest balance. Oops. 

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart reporting

Walmart usually reports around the first 7-10 business day of the month.
Message 2 of 11
solstice00
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Walmart usually reports around the first 7-10 business day of the month.

+1 on that. 

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 3 of 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Ahhhh, ok, so they don't report shortly after your statement cut? If they consistantly report in the first 7-10 business days of the month, then this is some valuable information.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 11
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

interesting.  i have been researching this to make sure it reports as 0 for me.  i trieding paying it on the day before the statement cuts last montha nd found out that it takes payments days to post.  i was actually just going to write a post about this.  

i subscribe to a seperate reporting credit service and it shows that it was reported ON 3/15 which was my final statement closing date.  

now i am in a situation where if i make my payment online on 4/7 it might not post to my account for the statement.  as crazy as that sounds. 

I HEARD.. . paying in store it goes on to the account quicker?  is that so?   thanks

Message 5 of 11
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Think it varies because mine hits Experian usually around the 23rd and my son is the beginning of the month.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 6 of 11
meesh6036
Contributor

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll go to weekly payments then. Drats.

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 7 of 11
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I don't really have too many Walmart reporting cycles under my belt. I was thinking it was the statement date but not sure. I have been keeping mine at zero except for a token charge here and there which I have paid as soon as it  hit my account. It does take a couple days for payments to clear also but they seem to be recorded on the day that you initiate payment on the website as long it is before a certain cutoff time like 5 pm or something. The money takes a while to come out of the bank account however. It has taken anywhere from 3 to 5 days so far for me. On a separate note, I believe Walmart releases FICO scores around the 10th of each month although last month the score came out a little early on the 4th i think it was....

Message 8 of 11
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

I HEARD.. . paying in store it goes on to the account quicker?  is that so?   thanks

I'm not so sure about that. I made a payment at the register on Friday and now 48 hrs later it's still pending.

Message 9 of 11
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I haven't used my Walmart card yet, but I initially got approved for a 500 limit card, but got it increased to 1500 before activation. It's still reports as 500 though. I hopeby the end of this week they'll report the new limit.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.