Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart slow to process payment

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart slow to process payment

Whenever I pay online I notice that it defaults to the bill due date and I manually have to change it to todays date...

Message 11 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've done that too, have to make sure I change the date to post now.   They take forever it seems.  I just had a thread on it about a week ago.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I called them and they said balance will be updated tonight.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
toppers555
Established Contributor

I am still waiting for my new statement to post that closed on 26

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 14 of 18
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

After going around in circles with GECRB, this is what I've learned.

1. Only make one payment per statement period. They have pointed out that it is in my agreement with them that they can hold subsequent payments up to 21 BUSINESS days. (and they will, even if you "push" it through from your bank)

2. My statement cuts on the 17 (or 18th or 19th) every month. I make darn sure to have that payment made by the tenth. Then, I don't touch it until it cuts. This severely limits my use of their card, but I don't like the games they play.

3. As stated earlier, when making a payment, make sure to double check the date that you are setting it for. It will revert to the payment due date. 

4. If they can find a way to trip you up, they will. 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 15 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You would think that as fast as GE are in reporting your new account they  would be as quick in posting payments. To be honest, they are also slow in posting charges to the account too.  I guess it would bother me if I intended on carrying a balance or had a high util.  In my phone call to the CSR, I did ask what happened if for some reason the statement cut and the payment had not 'back' posted ? Her reply was that any late fees and/or interest would be reversed on the next statement.  I could see that as a recipe for disaster.  

Like I said before - pay at least 4- 5 days before your statement. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
namvet
Established Contributor

Paying earlier is your best option.  However IME the date i selected for payment on the walmart site is the date that shows on my statement.   The payment shows pending for up to 3 days before it hits my checking account.  So there appears to be a float for me. 

Message 17 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Good news: large payment processed last night. Bad news: there was a $10 charge from last Sat that apparently was still pending. Of course, it hits balance last night.

I just paid it but no idea if will report zero or $10 as balance. Those damn sneaky little bastards.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.